Do you have thick curly hair?You love it but sometimes it makes you go insane because it refuses to behave? Therefore, you want to forgo those curls and know how to straighten your hair? So that you can wear straight hair for a day or two.
Well, I’ve also gone through all this and used to straighten my thick ringlets with a flat iron every single day. Blunder!!
Until, my cousin told me to try heatless hair straightening.
I really wanted to believe her because she was the one who helped me to get rid of lice when I was in school. I don’t want to tell this but she deserves some appreciation.
But at that time, I was wondering – Is it possible to straighten your hair without heat?
The answer is yes, a BIG YES !!!
The end results won’t be sleek straight, but they’re a much healthier alternative.
Because heat or chemical straighteners damage your hair over time and leave it with dead and split ends.
6 Easy Ways To Straighten Your Hair Without Heating
1. Use Hair Ties Overnight
When you want to wake up with heatless curls you braid your mane, right?
So when you want to wake up with heatless straight hair, then?
- Hair ties (depending on the length of your hair)
- Section your damp hair into two or more small, low ponytails around the base of your neck.
- Place some loose hair ties every inch or so down the each ponytail to get straight hair from root to tips.
- Make sure the hair ties are fairly loose so that they don’t leave a dent mark on your hair.
- Now, get some sound sleep and let it out in the morning.
2. Brush Your Damp Hair Dry
When you’re done washing your locks, get out as much moisture as possible with an old but clean t-shirt.
Remember? I said this in my previous article also as a tip to make your hair grow faster.
- Paddle brush
- Wash your hair and let it air dry.
- When it’s damp start brushing your hair straight every 5 minutes as it dries. As constant brushing will keep it from curling up as it usually does.
- While drying, pull out and hold each section of hair for a few seconds to encourage your hair to straighten out.
You can also do this in front of a fan, which will fasten the drying process.
Always remember to brush your locks as if it’s spun of gold otherwise you’ll hurt them.
3. How To Straighten Your Hair with LARGE Hair Rollers
Rolling your hair is the easiest way to straighten curly hair.
Because you don’t have to do anything. All that tiresome work of straightening hair will be done by those large rollers.
This technique is the best, when you’ll be home for most of the day and want straight bouncy bob for your short hair cut, instead of a curlier style.
- Large rollers (larger the roller, straighter the hair)
- Clips to hold rollers in place
- Setting product
- Spray bottle filled with water
- Silk or satin scarf
- Wash and condition your hair.
- Spray your hair with water if it begins to dry out.
- Now, apply your favorite setting product to each section of hair before rolling.
- Keep even tension as you roll as this ensures straighter hair.
- Wrap small sections of hair around each roller and secure tightly with a clip.
- Let the hair air dry as it’s the gentlest drying method.
- Once the hair is dry completely, remove the rollers as the slightest bit of moisture can make your hair curl back.
4. Wrap Around Your Mane
This one seems weird, but it works really well in straightening curly hair without heat.
The best thing about it is that you just need a few bobby pins to get that much desired straight hair.
- Bobby pins
- Start by combing all your slightly damp hair to one side.
- Secure your locks to your head with bobby pins.
- In this way, wrap the length of your hair around your head and continue to secure with bobby pins.
- Finally, wrap your head with a silk scarf to reduce frizz while you zzzZZZ!!
Next morning when you wake up, you’ll have straighter and softer hair.
5. Make Natural Hair Straightening Mask
I’ve never tried such masks before, but my bestie suggested giving them a try.
I must say that I’m impressed. They don’t give you sleek straight hair but they’re effective and have become a part of my heatless hair straightening regime.
A. Milk and Honey Hair Mask:
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Mix 1 cup of milk with 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Apply this mixture to your hair and let it sit.
- After an hour, wash it out with a mild shampoo.
Continually use this mask a couple of times a week to see the results.
6. How to Straighten Your Hair With Coconut Milk Hair Mask:
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 5-6 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoon cornstarch.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Heat it at low temperature and stir to make a smooth paste.
- Let it cool, and then apply to your hair evenly.
- Wash your hair after an hour.
Apply this mask twice a week for 2 months to relax and straighten your curly hair
You can also add a few drops of almond or coconut oil to the masks to tame frizzy hair and smooth out the look.
Don’t believe me.
Just choose any one of the above-mentioned ways to straighten your hair without heat and see YOURSELF.
I’m sure that you’ll also be satisfied with the results. As these are the best ways to straighten your hair without damage.
Though it’ll take a little bit more time and dedication, but your locks will thank you in the long run.