Do you skip the shower after gym or a sweaty game of basketball!?
Why, you ask?
Well, that’s because sweat can awaken acne-causing bacteria and can lead to a breakout! And you know how naty that can be. So, what’s the solution?
Well, showering right after any sweaty activities with a good body wash for acne can actually stop bacteria that clogs up your pores!.
Acne is like the friend you don’t like who follows you everywhere…on your face, your shoulders, your chest, arms, buttocks, back and even legs!Ugh! So disgusting!
Acne on the upper body is most probably the aftermath of clothing items that don’t let you breathe. Tight clothing could also be the culprit below the waist…think skinny jeans and leggings.
The sweat glands, hair follicles, and oil glands actually have an important role in protecting your skin. It’s only when they go overboard, the problem comes up because oil and dead skin cells clog the pores which lead to pimples and acne.
2017 Top Picks of Best Body Wash For Acne
Here’s a comprehensive list of body washes that you may want to check out! I’ll also be talking about them in depth later in the article!
[table “3” not found /]
What Makes A Body Wash Good For Your Acne Prone Skin?
Skincare market are just filled with products for all skin types. So you have to do the tedious task of selecting a body wash that’ll addresses all your skin problems including those acne scars.
But, the first step to choosing the best body wash for acne prone skin, take do make sure you know your skin type, it could be either sensitive, oily or dry skin.
Things you should keep in mind when looking for an acne fighting body wash, cleanser or soap:
First things first, ask your dermatologist to help you find body acne wash that matches your skin type – dry, oily, a combination of the two, or sensitive.
- Make sure to choose a gentle, alcohol-free and non-abrasive body wash.
- Keep your skin hydrated, I recommend that you use a body wash that contains emollients or humectants.
Why? Well, they help hold moisture in your skin.
- Exfoliating or foaming body wash can be effective for people with oily skin, as they help smooth out rough areas. But there’s a catch!
Some products are too harsh for sensitive skin…
- For stubborn acne, use a medicated body wash that have acne-fighting ingredients like:
salicylic acid which treats acne by reducing swelling and redness and unplugging blocked pores)
sulfacetamide sodium that helps interfere with bacteria growth
benzoyl peroxide to help encourage the shedding of dead skin cells and kill bacteria
Don’t Trust Just Any Product! Make Sure You Stay Away From These:
I don’t know why but companies like using questionable ingredients in their products that have adverse reactions!
Just steer clear of these:
- Propylene Glycol
This is a skin-conditioning agent which has been associated with hives and dermatitis time and again, but companies still use this in their products!
They are preservatives that have been linked to cancer and reproductive toxicity!
- Formaldehyde or Releasers
These are dangerous embalming fluid used in products as a preservative.
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate:
Wanna Live A Zit-Free Life!? Here Are 10 Products That’ll Help You With It!
If you’re the kind of person who doesn’t want to got to the supermarket and stare at product ingredients, then don’t worry!
Here are 10 body washes for acne that will work for you!
1. Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash
Neutrogena acne body wash is a mild one and helps clear up acne without drying your skin.
What I personally like about this is that the foaming lather leaves no pore-clogging residue which can fuel future breakouts.
I feel squeaky-clean after using this!
Let’s talk about the pros and cons, shall we? I’ll tell you…
- Specially designed for acne-prone skin
- Gentle on sensitive skin
- Works great in unclogging skin pores
- Makes your skin brighter and clearer
- Not much effective on severe acne
- If you’re sensitive towards salicylic acid, it can cause excessive dryness and irritation
- Can cause adverse effects if used with other products
2. Alba Botanica Acnedote Face And Body Scrub
The salicylic acid in this acne scrub is naturally derived from willow bark extracts, which is something that I appreciate. Ground walnut shells are also added to scrape away excess oil and dirt.
- nexpensive natural product
- 100% vegetarian and not tested on animals
- Provides gentle exfoliation without irritation
- Can be used daily
- Dermatologically tested
- Has a pleasant smell and feels good on the skin, so don’t be turned off by its color
- Doesn’t irritate sensitive skin
- Must be used consistently to control acne
3. Oleavine Antifungal Body Soap with Tea Tree and Neem
This all-natural acne body wash is made up of ingredients like tea tree oil and Indian lilac (neem).
Why is this a good thing? I’ll tell you…
Both of these ingredients are used to cure multiple skin disease as well as hair related problems like skin tags, dandruff and razor bumps.
- Easy on the pocket
- Vegan product, i.e., cruelty-free and gluten-free
- You can use the product on your entire body, even your private parts
- Moisturizes your skin
- It’s really thin in consistency so, you’re in the danger of wasting it.
That’s it!! There aren’t any cons of this body acne wash.
4. Humane Benzoyl Peroxide 10% Best Body Acne Treatment & Face Wash
Fall in love with Humane’s mission of raising the bar for personal care products with this acne-fighting body wash!
It doesn’t have formaldehyde, parabens, and sodium laurel sulfate that other companies sneak into their products to make us feel like the product is good though these are actually bad for us.
- Rapidly kills bacteria and helps prevent future breakouts
- No parabens, fragrance, or animal testing
- A bottle normally lasts 1-2 months, if used in a judicious way
- It dries out your skin
- Itr may cause a burning sensation
- A bit expensive
5. SAL3® Salicylic Acid & Sulfur Soap
This one comes in the form of a bar instead liquid or gel form and contains a 3% of salicylic acid.
To balance these harsh chemicals, this product also contains 10% sulfur to prevent inflammation and soothe skin.
- Easily affordable
- Pleasant floral odor, antibacterial and antifungal
- Helps in eliminating itchy skin and dandruff! Think of it as icing on the cake!
- Some people don’t like its scent
- Doesn’t work for everyone
- Can be drying, therefore, combined with a moisturizer
6. Puracy 100% Sulfate-Free Natural Body Wash
I like this product as it is an amazing body wash for acne. It’s an amazing blend of luxurious cleansers, emollients, and essential oils.
It also contains Himalayan pink sea salt and helps rejuvenate, hydrate and restores balance and of your skin.
- Sports a salon style pump that’s really convenient
- Smells good and makes skin naturally soft
- Moisturizes, so you can skip the lotion once in awhile
- So far, no one has complained about this all natural product!
Good going Puracy!!
7. Avon Clearskin Blemish Clearing Acne Body Wash
This body wash has a light fragrance, and I don’t know about you, but I like this a lot! It also has a thick consistency, cleanses well but can be a little drying, if used on the face.
I strongly recommend using it on areas of your body that have acne and using your regular acne face wash for your face (fiddly? but your skin will thank you for it).
- Quite cheap
- Dries up blemishes and speeds up the healing process
- Helps to calm the redness of blemishes and makes them less painful
- Helps to prevent future breakouts
- Worth a try, if you have the odd bout of back acne
- Unfortunately, doesn’t work for some
8. Peter Thomas Roth Blemish Buffing Beads – Oil-Free Treatment
This acne body wash has powerful acne fighters like salicylic acid and glycolic acid complex. However, the buffing Jojoba beads can be irritating to those that have dry skin.
It shows better results when used with other products in the line, including the moisturizer.
- Excellent for hormonal acne
- Great for oily skin
- Effective exfoliant
- May irritate skin
- Can be drying if used without moisturizer
9. Murad Acne Body Wash with Salicylic Acid
Murad acne body wash is a blue gel with date seed powder, salicylic acid, glycolic acid and triclosan to exfoliate, penetrate the skin for a deep cleaning and prevent future breakouts.
If used consistently, it’ll eliminate even severe acne. It also moisturizes and is gentle on your skin.
- Smells fresh and spa-like
- Texture ideal for exfoliating skin
- Deep cleans and moisturizes
- Gentle on skin
- High price tag
- Doesn’t work for everyone
10. Clinique Acne Solutions Cleansing Face & Body Soap
People enjoy body washes, but some like myself, prefer to use soap.
Clinique has come with a mild medicated bar soap for such people that helps prevent and clear acne on your body and face too.
Also, it comes with a cute soap container that is convenient while traveling!
It is gentle on the skin but can be drying, so is best used with a nice moisturizer.
- Dermatologically tested
- A bar soap alternative
- A bit heavy on the pocket
- Must be used consistently to see desired results
- Most effective when used with the full line of Clinique products
What To Do Now!?
I hope that the good body wash for acne suggested in this article will surely help you to combat acne. But keep in mind these things!!
- Be smart and test acne-fighting product on a small area of your body before using it all over.
This will let you know if you’re allergic to any ingredient.
- Benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid are safe and effective for treating acne. The trick is to choose the product that delivers effectively for your skin type.
Do share, which acne body wash worked best for you in your skincare journey, in the comments below.