Acne is one of the many inflammatory skin problems that appears due to sebaceous oil glands. Most of the skin problem occurs when hair follicles get clogged with dirt, oil and dead skin which then becomes acne.
It generally appears on the face, back, neck, shoulders and midsection. It can cause a bit of pain and leave scars even after complete cure.
Undoubtedly, sebaceous glands, which secrete sebum are responsible for making our skin oilier as it secrets grease in large amount. Apart from this, hormonal changes in the body can also cause acne problem.
Generally, middle age group and teenage groups are more prone to acne as they undergo various hormonal changes during that phase of life.
And acne is bound to leave acne scars on the skin, especially if you’ve the habit of picking it or touching your face more often. Although these scars are not harmful but can be embarrassing for some and that leads to low self-confidence.
Does Apple Cider Vinegar Help Acne Scars?
There are a number of natural remedies which help to cure scars but among all of them, apple cider vinegar shows the best result.
Apple cider Vinegar is flooded with important properties that make it a great remedy for healing acne and its scars.
- Astringent property of Apple cider dries out excess oil from your skin.
- Vinegar scrapes off all dirt, dead and old skin from the skin surface and then regenerates the growth of skin’s tissue for a healthy new skin.
- It has antiseptic, antibacterial and antibiotic properties.
- Apple cider balances the pH level of the skin.
- Cider vinegar got essential nutrients like vitamin A, vitamin B2 and B6, Vitamin C, E and P.
- It has amino acid and alpha hydroxy that helps to dissolve dead skin cells and fat present in the skin.
- It has powerful elements to detox skin and acts a cleanser.
How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Acne Scars?
You can use ACV for acne scars in many ways. So, here are some apple cider vinegar recipes to treat those ugly scars.
Dilute Apple Cider Vinegar with Water
- Mix equal amount of water and apple cider vinegar in a bowl.
- You can use cotton balls to apply on the affected region of the skin and let it dry. Rinse with water.
- Afterwards, pat your skin.
- Repeat this process at least once a day and you can use rose water in place of normal water.
- You can also prepare a drink using 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water with some amount of honey and drink it regularly.
Honey And Water With Apple Cider Vinegar
- Add some honey in almost 3 cups of water with at least 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and mix it well.
- Apply this solution to the affected region of your skin using cotton.
- Leave this on your skin for almost 40 minutes and then wash it with water.
- After the part of the skin dries completely, apply it regularly.
Sugar, Honey And Green Tea With Apple Cider Vinegar
Sugar works as a natural element to break the acne scars tissue. Honey maintains the moisture of skin and presence of green tea helps to detoxify the skin as well as removes free radicals.
- Mix thoroughly a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar, 2 teaspoons of green tea, 1 teaspoon of honey and 5 teaspoons of sugar.
- If it is required to thicken the mixture, then use an extra teaspoon of sugar.
- Clean your skin gently with water and once it dries, apply this mixture on the face.
- Afterwards, gently massage your skin with this mixture for at least 5 minutes and leave it for another 10 minutes.
- Prepare a toner using 1 part of vinegar, 2 parts of green tea and mix it well using olive oil and lemon juice.
- Wash your face with water and apply this toner using cotton balls and leave it for the whole night and wash it in the morning.
- Repeat this process for at least 2 times in a week for the better result.
Apple Cider Vinegar Toner for Acne Scars
- In half cup of water, mix one-fourth cup of apple cider vinegar.
- Pour this solution into an empty spray bottle and shake it gently.
- Spray this solution on the affected parts of the skin and let it dry.
- Afterwards, apply some moisturiser and repeat it regularly.
Tea Tree Oil with Apple Cider Vinegar
- Prepare a mixture of apple cider vinegar with few drops of tea tree oil.
- Gently apply on the affected parts of skin by using cotton balls.
- Leave it for few minutes and rinse it off with water.
- To attain best results, repeat this process regularly.
Lemon Juice and Apple Cider Vinegar
- Mix well almost one-fourth teaspoon of apple cider vinegar with fresh lime juice and apply on the skin using cotton.
- If your skin is sensitive then dilute this mixture using water and leave it undisturbed for another few minutes.
- Wash it off with water and pat your skin dry.
- Afterwards, apply moisturiser on your skin.
Baking Soda and Apple Cider Vinegar for Acne Scars
- To start this process; on first-day mix baking soda with water and apply on acne scars.
- Then rinse your face using water.
- Next day, prepare a mixture of apple cider vinegar and water.
- Apply on the face while using cotton and wash it with water after almost 20 minutes.
- Continue this process and it will show best results.
Raw Milk and ACV for Acne Scars
- Gently mix 1 teaspoon of raw milk with apple cider vinegar.
- Apply this mixture on the affected skin and leave for almost 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with water and continue this process for at least two times in a day.
Banana and Apple Cider Vinegar
- Mash a banana; for one complete spoonful of paste with almost 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar.
- Apply this on the acne scars and leave this for 20 minutes and wash it with water.
- Repeat this process for at least 3 times a day.
Lemon juice, Rose Water with Apple Cider Vinegar
- Mix 2 parts of apple cider vinegar and lemon juice with one part of rose water.
- Using a cotton ball, apply on the affected region of the skin and wash it with water and pat your skin dry.
- Repeat this same process on a regular basis.
Tips And Precautions
While using the above-mentioned methods for acne scars, you should also follow some tips and precautions to have better results. This will surely give you a complete relief from the scars.
- Apple cider vinegar has the acidic properties; thus make sure to dilute it with water.
- Avoid applying the solution of apple cider vinegar near eyes.
- Also, avoid application of apple cider vinegar on open cuts and blisters. This might result in a burning sensation and redness of the skin.
- Always, avoid the excessive use of apple cider vinegar as it may cause excessive dryness of the skin.
- After daily application of this home remedy, wash your skin completely to remove the essence of all ingredients.
- To meet best results, while using apple cider vinegar, use organic, raw form, unpasteurized and unfiltered apple cider vinegar that has mother element in it. Braggs’ ACV is the best.
- Before directly opting for any technique by reading it from the web, prepare the mixture and test on a small patch of skin. This is done to check if skin is not sensitive enough and can bear the results.
- Make sure to consult your doctor before applying apple cider vinegar.
With innumerable properties of apple cider vinegar, you can get rid of unwanted acne and scars to get a flawless skin. Yet, there are certain points that should be taken care of while following such remedies. Regular application and addition to the diet will give best results in few days.