Whether you’re a health guru or not, the benefits of vitamin C are no secret. This little vitamin saves us from scurvy, prevents the signs of aging and lightens facial hair. All thanks to its ability to stimulate collagen production in a serious way. But did you ever think about what vitamin C for face can do to you?
Well, I’m a 28-year old woman, and it’s high time that I get my nutrition right. Sometimes, I binge on vitamin-rich veggies. But my food cravings get me and I end up eating pizza or spaghetti or something equally glutinous.
Therefore, I used to pop a multivitamin every now and then, as I’m supposed to get 75mg of Vitamin C per day.
Here’s a table for recommended dietary allowances for Vitamin C to help you out.
|Birth to 6 months||40 mg|
|Infants between 7 to 8 months||50 mg|
|Children between 1 to 3 years||15 mg|
|Children between 4 to 8 years||25 mg|
|Children between 9 to13 years||45 mg|
|Teens between 14 to 18 years (girls)||65 mg|
|Teens between 14 to 18 years (boys)||75 mg|
|Adults (women)||75 mg|
|Adults (men)||90 mg|
|Pregnant women||85 mg|
|Breastfeeding women||120 mg|
*Smokers require 35 mg/day more vitamin C than non-smokers.
But then I got the reality check: Our body delivers only a certain amount of vitamins to our skin, no matter how much we ingest. Also, there’s no way to send them straight to our brown spots or crow’s feet.
From that day, I started putting vitamins in my skincare routine.
Now, I swear by Vitamin C for face benefits as this works the best for me as compared to other vitamins like A, E, and D.
Since then my skin looks better than ever. But that doesn’t mean it’ll work for you also. You’ve to test it on yourself first, if you don’t see any side-effects, then you’re all set to reap its benefits.
What Does Vitamin C Do For Your Face?
- Increases collagen production in the skin, therefore, helps in getting rid of wrinkles.
- Brightens and tightens your skin.
- Reduces the effects of negative sun exposure (Because not all sun exposure is bad).
- Improves the appearance and texture of the skin.
- Mitigates chlorine exposure to some extent.
- Helps in repairing skin.
DIY Vitamin C Serum for Face:
Vitamin C is touted as an anti-wrinkle and anti-aging by many and studies have also proved it.
I used to be a great fan of vitamin c cream for face, you can also try.
They’re quite effective and I recommend them to everyone.
However, many of the products containing Vitamin C cost an arm and a leg. Therefore, not everyone can afford them, but everyone wants to look good. Then, what are we supposed to do now?
Thankfully, there is a natural and inexpensive alternative (notice the trend hereJ ) that works as well as those pricey products.
All you need is a few easily available ingredients and poof!! All your wrinkles, scars and tan will be gone and you’ll get back your youthful looks.
Vitamin C serum is best paired with your skincare regime like oil cleansing.
- ½ teaspoon Vitamin C powder (I use this one)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable glycerine (Buy it here)
- 1 tablespoon distilled water
- 1 dark colored container (Because vitamin C oxidizes easily)
- Cotton balls
- Dissolve Vitamin C powder in water.
- Now, stir in glycerine.
- Then, soak a cotton ball in the serum and wipe it across your face.
- Make sure it stays there for a good 15 to 20 minutes.
- In the end, rinse with water.
Things to Keep in Mind while Using Vitamin C for Face:
- Measure CAREFULLY and don’t add extra Vitamin C as it’s acidic and can burn your skin.
- If you’ve extra sensitive skin, add more water.
- If you’re dealing with very dry skin or a lot of wrinkles, extra vitamin C can be added. But before applying it to your face, test it on your inner arm. Because it’s better to be safe rather than having red and irritated faced.
- Store the serum in a dark cupboard. The less air and light, the better.
Vitamin C for face reviews is excellent as you can see on amazon and other sites.
Therefore, keep Vitamin C in your medicine cabinet next to your other vitamins for a reminder to nourish your body inside and out.
Do you have your own Vitamin C for face recipe? Did it work for you?
Do share it with us in the comments below.