These days Anne Hathaway, Kristen Stewart, Emma Stone, Rihanna, Miley Cyrus and the list is endless have one thing in common and that is Short Haircuts.
It seems as if everyone is going short these days and you are also enticed to do the same. Then, what are you waiting for ladies? It’s high time for you to get one of the popular short haircuts for women.
Here Are 10 Short Haircuts For Women To Match Your Personality.
1. Chic Short Jane Bob:
Are you a “Party Girl?”
Then this slightly asymmetrical bob is for you to get a more fun and quirky look. It barely has any layers and is a perfect short haircut for women with round face and finer hair.
- Part the hair to one side
- Curl small sections of hair with curling iron to get more defined curls
- Give final touches with a finishing spray
- Square or round shaped face
- Straight or slightly wavy hair
2. Classic And Sleek:
This super straight bob is cut all one length to maintain maximum density and has shattered bangs.
- Apply a styling product to your damp hair
- Straighten your hair with a flat iron to get a sleek look
- Apply serum to add shine
- All face shapes will rock this cut
- Thick and straight hair
TIP: Straighter your hair, the better.
3. Tapered Short Bob:
This incredibly sexy and smoothed edge bob has taken the traditional bob to the next level. In this haircut, hair is cut right at the chin and ironed out.
- Side part your mane and comb through strands
- Grab the flat iron and go through in small sections, to get this really smooth look
- Round or square shaped face
- Wavy or straight hair
4. Elevated Penelope Curls:
This super cute asymmetric short haircut is perfect for naturally curly hair. The back is graduated and the sides are perfectly cut to allow the hair to curl which gives you a whimsical and girly look.
- Make a deep side part of your hair
- Using 1-inch curling iron, curl small strands of hair
- Curl your entire hair until nice and uniform throughout.
- Apply pomade to give finishing touch.
- Long face
- Curly hair
5. Cool And Classy Shags:
This Jane Fonda look works pretty much on everybody and is perfect short hairstyle for women over 60. Shags are almost the same length all over with a little extra length at the back to provide some framing around your neck.
- Apply styling product to the damp hair
- Let your hair dry naturally
- Apply serum to add shine to your hair
- Long and heart shaped face
- Straight and fine hair
6. Messy, Spiky, Shaggy Pixie Haircut
Do you’ve thick, coarse hair? Do you think they’re a curse?
Then, let us tell you that they’re a blessing in disguise. Why?
Because they’ll bless you with a flattering shag. How?
Coarse and thick hair is easier to control when shaped and thinned to make shag and best pixie haircut for women. The best part is you don’t have to spend hours doing your hair with heat tools, which damage hair.
In this cut, heavily textured tips create a burst of sharp tips around the head which will put you in the fashion forefront instantly.
- Apply styling gel for a firmer holding style or use a mousse for more casual hold to towel dried hair.
- Blow-dry your hair.
- Then, lightly mist the hair with hairspray.
- Round and long face
- Both, thick and fine hair
7. Edgy One Length Bob Without Bangs:
Do you want a more sophisticated and classy look?
If yes, then this haircut is just for you. The locks are cropped a little to get perfect geometric shape with blunt edges. You can also add highlights to bring in more spice into the look.
- Middle part your hair
- Apply a heat protectant
- Straighten your hair with a heating iron
- Apply gel to keep the look in place
- Any face type
- Naturally straight hair
8. Vintage Short Layered Haircut:
Stop missing those good old rock-n-roll days and get this layered lob to overcome the acute nostalgia of the days gone by.
- Blow dry your hair with a round brush to maximum volume.
- Backcomb the base for extra fullness.
- Finish the look with a medium hold hairspray.
- Square, round or heart shaped face
- Medium to thick hair
9. Sassy Thick Hair Lob:
Make the classic lob more interesting by playing with texture and cutting angle thicker hair types. Your hairstylist will use razors or thinning shears to give a lively and effortless look to the lob as they’ll enhance the hair texture and make them wearable.
Since this lob is a timeless, therefore it is also a good short haircut for older women.
- Apply light weight mousse to the towel dried hair
- Blow dry and detangle your hair
- Using 1/4” barrel curling iron, curl your hair
- Apply serum to add shine
- All face shapes
- Thick and wavy hair
10. Mohawks + Curls = Great Stylish Combination:
If you are one of those brave and bold women, then you can wear your heart on the sleeve with this sexy curly Mohawk. It’ll look great on women with medium length hair and shaved sides. Also, this is one of the best haircuts for black women.
- Simply apply hair spray to your damp hair
- Get tight curls with a curling iron
- Apply a little bit of gel to keep your hair in place
- Oval and long face
- Curly hair
Few things to keep in mind before getting the cut:
- Do a complete research and only then go for the cut
- Search magazines, websites or Pinterest to find a haircut you covet
- You can also go old school and take the printout of the images and bring them to your hair stylist or simply save them on your phone
There are no second thoughts that short haircuts for women are an epitome of elegance and boldness, but they’re not everyone’s cup of tea. So, think twice before getting one for yourself.
You can also mix and match the above haircuts to create your own fabulous look. If you like these haircuts, then do share this article with your friends.