‘Do I have high cheekbones?’
Is that something you ponder upon?
Well, don’t worry because I am presenting to you a comprehensive guide on ‘How to tell if you have high cheekbones!’
Some people believe that cheekbones have got to do a lot with attractiveness!
Those with higher cheekbones are considered more appealing. (But, what difference does it make when you don’t even know if you have high cheekbones, right!?)
Why Do People Like High Cheekbones, Anyway?
High cheekbones are something that is considered as a ‘beauty standard’ by our society. (Just like long legs, long hair etc)
But, it’s not only about society when it comes to this one, in fact, there is also a biological standpoint!
- High cheekbones create a symmetrical face and science backs that right up!
- Symmetrical faces are actually considered more beautiful than their asymmetrical counterparts.
But there’s another side to the story!
- High cheekbones also have a sexual connotation! (What!?)
Well, they help prove that a woman is old enough to reproduce, and that…errr…increases the testosterone levels in men! (I don’t know if that’s weird or creepy…or maybe both!)
Anyhow! This means that someone with high cheekbones is considered more physically attractive. (Thanks to the way we are biologically wired!)
War Of The Cheeks: High Cheekbones versus Low Cheekbones
So, let’s talk about high cheekbones, shall we?
If the broadest part of your face is just below your eyes, then Congratulations! You’ve got high cheekbones!
So, what does that mean?
Well, your high cheekbones basically cause your cheek to dip in faintly below the bone that makes the cheekbone project out a little more prominently. This dip could even cause a shadow, which helps contour your face.
What Do Cheek Shapes Even Mean!?
Both high cheekbones and low cheekbones have significant implications in some cultures.
Want to know?
Well, let’s get into it!
- In some Asian cultures, high cheekbones are considered as an indication of a powerful personality. That’s because they are usually found on courageous and determined people.
- That’s why high cheekbones are considered alluring by society!
- In the United States, high cheekbones are desirable, thanks to Abraham Lincoln (1), who had high and noticeable cheekbones.
- His success is one of the reasons why people believe that high cheekbones mean that you’re smarter or more successful!
Ok, enough about high cheekbones!
Shouldn’t something be said about those with low cheekbones!?
- Well, people with low cheekbones are frequently thought to be ‘lone wolfers’ who appreciate their own company or experience difficulty getting individuals hear them out, and they are often confused with people that might be mentally stressed!
- People with low cheekbones also have depressed or indented cheeks, which is identified with working excessively or looking discouraged.
How To Tell If You Have High Cheekbones!?
Well, I have a step-by-step guide over here to help you answer that question once and for all! And for that, all you need is a mirror and some illumination!
Let’s get started!
All you need to do is to just stand in front of a mirror under some bright light. Also, do keep in mind to remove your makeup!
Place your thumb directly above your ear tragus (the small nub thingy that sticks out) and then, place the index finger just below your nostril.
Next, move your thumb and your index finger towards each other.
The line that is drawn by these two moving fingers is exactly where your cheekbone is!
Finally, once you know where your cheekbones are, you need to carefully observe their position on the face.
Are they just under your eyes or are they closer to the bottom of your nose?
If it’s the former, then you have high cheekbones, else you have low cheekbones!
Here’s a video tutorial:
DIY Prominent Cheekbones!
Just because you have low cheekbones, doesn’t mean it’s the end of the world! Well, there are ways in which you can make your cheeks look more prominent!
Let’s see, shall we!?
Prominent cheeks always catch the eyes of a stranger on a subway or a coffee shop!
How to get them?
You can either go to an MD and get high cheekbones for a hefty price tag, or you can use the power of makeup!
Follow These Steps To Get Those High Cheekbones:
- Suck your cheeks in and find the hollows of your cheek
You’ll want to know exactly where your cheekbones are to make them more prominent! Tilt your brush at a 45-degree angle (well, at least you’re using a bit of geometry in real life!) and place it on your cheekbone.
- Plan your contour
To do this, you’ll have to hold your brush vertically right (where your eyebrows end). This is where the contouring should end.
- Use a bronzer
Make sure that your bronzer is about two or three shades darker than your skin tone. You should just place it a little below the hairline and swipe it down!
- Add some color, apply blush
I’d recommend that you use a fluffy brush to apply a nice shade of blush to the area underneath your cheekbone, where the contour ends and blend!
- Choose a highlighter
Make sure it complements the bronzing, and apply it right above your cheekbones!
Here’s a video tutorial:
Free Tips To Get Defined Cheekbones!
So, Here are a few tips that’ll help you with your struggle to get high cheekbones!
- If you’re obese, then your cheekbones will be hidden beneath the excess fat in your face. The solution? Adopt a healthier diet and lifestyle and get fit!
- Drink water! As the more water you drink, the easier it becomes for your body to flush out the water retained in your face which can make the cheekbones more prominent!
- Chewing gum is a great exercise for your cheeks. The biggest plus point is that you can perform this exercise even while studying or working!
- Smiling more will help you enhance the shape of your face in a way that’ll make your cheekbones look more prominent over time.
So, if you were struggling with the question that whether you have high or low cheekbones, then I hope that the section above might have helped you find that out!
Make sure you follow the steps correctly for an accurate result!
If you don’t have high cheekbones, then don’t be disheartened! Makeup and a little exercise help will help you in that context.
But always remember, you’re beautiful just the way you are!
If you have any queries, please don’t hesitate from dropping a comment below!