We very well know how deeply our face affects your personality. Any aesthetic issue with it will eventually result in low self-esteem and confidence.
Off course you do not want to go through it. Neither would we let you to.
So here we would be discussing a major skin concern these days- Expansion of Skin pores and its possible cures.
Pores play a really important role in keeping the skin hydrated and smooth. Our skin breathes through these pores and they pave way for the eradication of toxins.
What is the issue then?
Actually, the problem arises when they are clogged or dilated. This results in making their appearance more prominent.
Let me explain
The opening of pores has become a very common problem these days. As per the studies, almost 30% of women have been at least once faced this.
- Primarily, the oily skin could be a reason for it. Over secretion of oil leads to this situation and the sizes of these pores expand considerably.
- Ageing to some extent is responsible for the enlargement of the open pores. As skin matures it loses firmness and the pores loosen consequently.
- Stress as an invitation to various other ailments too could be a probable reason for the expansion of pores.
- Hormonal changes that every woman go through sometimes results in skin issues. Pores expansion is one possible result of such imbalance during puberty or menopause.
- While there are a few cases also, where expansion of pores was a contribution of persistent exposure of skin to the sun.
- However, certain dermatologists consider heredity as the determiner of the sizes of these pores.
This, in turn, opens the door for other complications like blackheads, pimples, zits and acne. And the outcome is aged looking unhealthy skin.
Some people in their effort to get rid of it go for heavy skin treatments which make the matter even worse.
Here it becomes important to know that skin pores exist naturally and there is no way to make them disappear sheerly. All we can do is, minimise their appearance to get the healthy looking flawless skin.
Use these Home remedies to shrink open pores
1. Icy Effect
Ever pondered over the benefits of Ice in rejuvenating the skin…..?
No….. Then trust me, dear, Ice is a very handy device that could tighten skin pores instantly.
- Wrap a few ice cubes in a piece of cloth. Now rub your face especially neck with it for 15- 20 seconds.
- Repeat the process 4 times a day to see rapid effects.
- As an alternative, you can also wash your face with chilled icy water.
Applying ice on the face will promote blood circulation to show instant effects in reducing the appearance of these pores.
2. Apple cider Vinegar
All the skin needs in this situation is an astringent to restore the PH balance.
And while we want to do it naturally, Apple Cider Vinegar would be the first name coming to mind.
It is a natural skin toner that acts by cleansing the skin pores deeply. Consequently, it tightens the skin and makes the pores shrink.
How to use it:
- Prepare a solution with equal quantities of organic apple cider and water.
- Dip a cotton ball in it and tap it gently on the affected area of the Face.
- Leave it for a few minutes to let the solution soak into the skin.
- After that wash the face with water. Better we use cool water for the same to see additional results.
- Do it daily before going to bed and you will observe considerable results.
Also, its antimicrobial properties would act as a bonus in treating acnes and pimples.
3. Egg Whites
Hope you do not feel nauseated with eggs. Because they are a great solution for various skin and hair related issues.
Specifically egg whites, They contain amino acids with great skin toning and skin tightening properties. They act on the skin by drawing out the excessive oil and unclogging the dilated pores.
They can be used in any of the mentioned ways:
Try an Egg mask
- Whisk the white of an egg and apply it evenly on the face.
- Now cover the face with tissues.
- Let it dry completely.
- Once dried, peel it off. Do this daily to observe quick results.
Make a face pack
- Mix the white portion of two eggs with a tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Apply it on the face and leave for 10 minutes.
- Rinse off with cold water.
Prepare a scrub
- Combine one egg white with a tablespoon of lemon juice and oatmeal.
- Scrub your face gently with the mixture.
- Wash it off after a while.
Following any of the above methods will show huge results in contracting the pores.
This simple ingredient from your kitchen shelves can act greatly operative in treating open pores.
Sugar has amazing cleansing properties. It removes dirt from the surface of the skin, exfoliating it naturally. Scrubbing the face with sugar can reduce the size of the pores considerably.
Thinking of giving it a try…..Here’s how to go for it:
- Simply, Put sugar on a slice of lemon and rub it on the face. Do it for 5 minutes and then wash your face.
- Alternatively, you can also prepare a scrub with it. For that, you need to add a few drops of Olive oil and lemon juice to a tablespoon of sugar. Use this scrub regularly for a few days till you see improvement.
What makes yoghurt so good for skin?
Well, It’s the key content Lactic acid.
Lactic acid helps in clearing dead cells and impurities from the skin. It’s skin tightening properties shrinks the pores that diminish their appearance.
What you need to do is apply a thin layer of yogurt on the face. Let it be there for 10 minutes and then wash the face with chilled water.
However, if you have excessively oily skin use it in a different way.
1. Add a tablespoon of gram flour and cornflour to it.
2. A paste thus prepared is applied on the face.
3. Let it dry for 15 minutes. Then, rinse the face with chilled water.
Also, application of yogurt on the face has shown dramatic results in reducing fine lines and blemishes.
Its fruity contents contain many hidden benefits that we might be unaware of.
One of them would be its astringent properties which make it a boon for enlarged skin pores. Its application on the skin will extract surplus oil which makes the occurrence of opened pores a rare prospect.
It can be used in a number of ways as per your discretion.
Yet the easiest one remains to apply tomato juice directly on the face.
Also, you can combine it with other exfoliating agents like sandalwood to prepare a mask. Leave it for 10 minutes then rinse off with lukewarm water.
Tomato juice is also enriched antioxidant enzymes. These enzymes help in repairing skin tissues and slows down the ageing process. Hence, it would act highly curative against blemishes.
So, these bonuses altogether make it a worth trying attempt.
Hope it works for you too, since my personal experience had always been positive.
You must have tried putting cucumber slices on the eyes. How did it feel…..?
Because cucumber is a great refreshing agent.
It rejuvenates the skin and the seeds clean all the dirt and impurities.
Try its effects on your face:
- Grate a cucumber and extract juice from it.
- Add lemon juice and rose water to it.
- Apply this solution on the face and let it be there for a while
Cucumber will definitely act operative in reducing the appearance of these pores. While on one hand, it will work on open pores and on the other it will improve the skin texture by providing it with a natural glow.
So all and all it is a valuable deal to give it a chance.
Off course I was not going to skip honey, knowing all of its remedial properties.
To begin with: The antioxidants present in honey unclogs the open pores to prevent them from dilating at first place.
Also, the strong antibacterial agents in honey deals with acne and zits that might have developed through these open pores.
This way not only it prevents expanding of pores but also acts curative in the situation.
Just apply a layer of honey on the affected area then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
I am sure you will see a change within a week of continuous application.
9. Earth clay
What is the primary reason for the expansion of pores? It is excess secretion of oil.
What if we have an agent to absorb all that excess oil.
Yes, I am referring to Multani mitti or Fuller’s earth clay only.
Basically, it works by sucking all the excess oil from the surface of the skin which makes it application a widely known solution to treat enlarged pores.
- Put a few drops of rose water to a tablespoon of Multani mitti.
- Apply this mixture on the face and neck.
- Once dried, scrub the face gently with it and wash it with chilled water.
Scrubbing with it will cleanse the skin from all its impurities which make it look healthy and young.
10. Aloe vera
Aloe vera, the greatest of all natural cleansers is also a sure solution to contract enlarged pores.
It contains such strong cleansing enzymes which clear the skin from all dirt and impurities.
Also, it moisturises skin in such a natural way freeing it from all the excess grease and oil. This literally seals the skin pores preventing them from getting clogged.
Yet, the best part remains its easy application- Apply fresh aloe vera gel on the face and leave it overnight. Do this for a week and you will see an amazing change.
A very important fact about open pores is that they occur on the oily skin type. This kind of skin retains moisture to the maximum which keeps it hydrated.
Off course open pores are troublesome in the young age but those with oily skin will not face premature drying and wrinkling with skin ageing.
So, here we realise that they occur naturally and treating them medically might mar the skin in an even worst way. All I would suggest you is to follow the natural path because at least you won’t meet any potential risks on the way.
Open pores, Of course not a very good sight to encounter. So how about getting rid of them naturally.
No monetary investments, No time-consuming treatments, No heavy medications……..Just a few simple home remedies and you get the perfect skin.
While all these methods seem a lot of efforts but any attempt towards a beautiful skin is worth investing time.