I had a drink of Pina Colada 5 years ago when I was in college. It was my girlfriend’s birthday bash at a bar. The drink was really very tempting. I just loved its aroma, which is a blend of coconut and pineapple. Also, I enjoyed the drink because of the pineapple flavor, My favorite tropical fruit.
Since then, whenever I visit that bar, I always order a Pina Colada for me. It became my favorite cocktail – Thanks to my girlfriend.
I liked it so much that I asked the bartender – How to make Pina Colada at home?Firstly, she laughed at my question and said “Sorry Sir. It’s against our policies.”
Then guess what I did?
Are you interested in reading – Health Benefits Of Alcohol
I am feeling ashamed to tell you that I bribed her with a few bucks. I gave her my phone number to contact me after her shift. Luckily, she called me and I asked her to visit my place. She told me to bring all the required ingredients and then made the cocktail in front of me.
Thanks to that bartender – I learned the best Pina Colada recipe. Now, you’ll also be thankful to her because you’re going to learn how to make a Pina Colada.
Do you want to know some interesting facts about Pina Colada?
Since 1978, the Piña Colada has been the national drink of Puerto Rico. The reason for it is simple – The drink originated from this archipelago.
But, this cocktail has a controversial history. Two bartenders of Puerto Rico claim to have first made their national drink.
You may like – 10 Ways You Can Stop Your Binge Drinking Habit
Ramón Monchito Marrero Pérez says that he first made the drink in 1954 at the Caribe Hilton Hotel’s Beachcomber Bar in San Juan.
The other bartender Ramón Portas Mingot also claims that he first created this cocktail in 1963 at the Barrachina Restaurant, Old San Juan.
Did You Know?
National Piña Colada Day is celebrated on 10 July in Puerto Rico.
Well, we don’t know who is telling the truth. What we know is that it tastes awesome and it originated from Puerto Rico.
The Rise and Rise of Pina Colada
This controversial cocktail gained its popularity worldwide in 1970’s. The release of “Escape (The Piña Colada Song)” by Rupert Holmes in 1979 was the biggest turning point for this drink as the song became a popular hit around the world.
Now, you must be waiting for the recipe. Isn’t it? Let’s get started.
Pina Colada Ingredients (Serving Size = 1)
- 60 mL/ 2 ounces light rum
- 30 mL/ 1 ounce Coconut cream
- 30 mL / 1 ounce Heavy cream
- 180 mL/ 6 ounces Fresh pineapple juice
- 1 cup Crushed Ice
- Pineapple wedge for garnish
- Maraschino cherry for garnish
- Hurricane Glasses
Directions To Make Pina Colada (Authentic)
You must be feeling excited to make one of the best tropical drinks at home. Isn’t it? I’m excited too! Today, you’ll be learning the Authentic Pina Colada Recipe.
So get ready to prepare your first cocktail at home. No need to pay more at bars when you can make it for much less at home. Save money and enjoy it with your girlfriend/ boyfriend or just friends.
So here we go:
- First of all make sure you’ve brought all the ingredients mentioned above. Remember not to make this drink without a blender because the drink cannot be made without its use.
- To make the perfect drink, put lots of ice in the blender before blending all the ingredients.
- Empty the blender after 15-20 minutes. Then, take a normal cup of crushed ice and put it in the blender.
- Then add 60 mL of light rum, 180 mL of fresh pineapple juice to it. Turn on the blender and blend it for 20-30 seconds.
- After that add 30 mL of each coconut cream and heavy cream to the blended mix. Again, turn on the blender for 20-30 seconds.
- Take a Hurricane glass or any other glass you have at home and simply pour the mixture in it.
- If you want to enjoy the drink as you’re having it in a bar, then you can garnish it with a pineapple wedge and maraschino cherry.
- That’s it! You’re ready to enjoy the homemade Pina Colada.
If you want to make Pina Coladas for more people, then just add the ingredients accordingly and have a blast.
I must say that Pina Colada is the worst drink, I ever had. You must be confused after reading this line!
Well, the reason I’m saying this – I have the urge to drink it again and again. Recently, I shed some pounds and I don’t want to gain them once again.
If you can control your urges, try making it for you at home. But, don’t blame me if you gained weight because it isn’t one of the lowest calorie alcohol.
Let me know if this Pina Colada recipe tasted like the one you get at bars. If it was better than the one you get at bars, then don’t forget to share the article with your buddies.
Your friends will love you for this! Also, let us know if our article ended your search for – How to make Pina Colada? You can share your experience in the comments.