Are blackheads on your nose or face ruining the look of your otherwise perfectly pretty face? Do you want to know some simple and effective home remedies to get rid of it?
Almost every one of us suffers from these common and annoying blackheads at some point of time in our life, especially during teenage years. It is the part of our life when looking good matters the most for us (Particularly for your girlfriend or boyfriend). Just leave your worries behind because we understand your problem and have quick home remedies for your question – How to get rid of blackheads on nose or face?
We won’t let blackheads ruin your self-esteem and you no longer have to lock yourself indoors till the time it goes away. These tried and tested home remedies can work miracles and give you a flawless skin that you have always wanted. The best thing about these remedies – It is completely natural and has no side effects.
You may like : 11 Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Acne Scars Fast
What causes blackheads?
Blackheads are small dark spots on the skin that occur on your face and nose when your pores become clogged with excess dead skin cells, germs, dirt or sebum. Sebum is oil created by the sebaceous glands that keeps your skin supple. Initially, they’ll appear yellow or brown color and later they’ll turn to black.
- Oily skin is the main cause of blackheads.
- Irritation of hair follicles caused by dead skin cells
- Proliferation of Propionibacterium acnes on skin pores
- Taking certain drugs like corticosteroids or androgens
- Hormonal changes during puberty, menstruation, pregnancy
- Intake of birth control pills
Here Are 10 Effective Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Blackheads On Nose:
1. Egg White Facial Mask
The egg white facial mask is one of the best home remedies to not only unclog your open pores, but also tighten them temporarily. It is really beneficial for the treatment of blackheads and pimples. You can use this mask 2-3 times a week to keep your pores tight. As compared to other remedies, egg whites are a little less drying.
Requirements for making an egg white facial mask:
- 1 egg
- Facial tissue
- A towel
How to apply Egg White Facial Mask on your nose?
- Crack an egg and then separate an egg white from the yolk (It can be a bit annoying for some people!)
- Simply apply the egg white on your nose
- Immediately after applying the egg white, put a strip of facial tissue on top of it and let it dry.
- Apply another layer of egg white and put another tissue
- Apply 3-4 layers and then again let it dry for a 10-15 minutes
- Peel off the egg white facial mask and wash your face. Properly wipe your face with a clean towel.
Make sure you clean your face properly because eggs are known to contain the bacterium called salmonella, which can breed on your skin.
2. Feed your skin with Oatmeal and yoghurt to kick out those exasperating blackheads
Oatmeal is said to be the gentlest natural exfoliators and is an amazing permeable which soaks up excess oils on the skin’s surface. Due to its properties, oatmeal is also used in various skin care products, When you use the mix of yogurt and oatmeal, it can give you instant results to remove blackheads from nose.
What do you require?
- 2 teaspoons of Oatmeal
- 2-3 teaspoons of Yogurt
- 2 teaspoons of Lemon juice
Directions to use:
- Pour 2-3 teaspoons of plain yogurt and 2 teaspoons of oatmeal into a bowl.
- Add 2 teaspoons of lemon juice to the mixture.
- Properly mix the above ingredients and create a paste.
- Apply the paste on your nose and keep it for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse your face with cold water and moisturize your skin.
3. Honey and Milk Pore Strips (Don’t drink it!)
Honey and milk both are known to have properties that are really good for our skin. Honey is known to contain compounds that can help moisturize your skin, fight bacteria and fight aging. Milk contains lactic acid, which is said to help keep our skin soft and supple. When they are mixed together, it can work wonders to remove blackheads.
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of milk
- Clean strip of cotton
- Mix a teaspoon of honey with a teaspoon of milk and heat the mixture for only 5-10 seconds in the microwave
- After heating the mixture, thoroughly mix it again.
- When the mixture comes to room temperature, apply it on your nose blackheads, and then gently pat a clean cotton strip onto it.
- Allow it to dry for about 20 minutes and then carefully peel the strip away.
- Rinse your face with water and apply moisturizer.
4. Use Lemon juice to remove blackheads from nose and face
Blackheads on your nose or face are usually caused by clogged, open pores that react to oxygen. So, the best method to get rid of blackheads on nose fast is by shrinking your skin’s pores. Lemon juice is a natural astringent that can do this job efficiently.
- 1 Lemon
- Cotton balls
- A small bottle
Directions to use
- Squeeze a lemon and keep its juice in a small bottle. (You can keep the lemon juice in a refrigerator for about 7 days)
- Dampen the cotton ball using the lemon juice in your bottle.
- Apply the dampened cotton ball on the affected areas before sleeping.
- Rinse your face in the morning and apply moisturizer.
5. Cinnamon and Honey Strips
Cinnamon and honey together may sound like a delicious candy to you, but it can make a wonderful combination to get rid of blackheads on your nose. Honey contains anti-bacterial agents that can help to keep away acne causing bacteria as well as act as the adhesive to pull out anything blocking your pores. Cinnamon is known to improve the blood circulation and can give a smooth, healthy glow to your skin.
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon of organic honey
- A few clean cotton strips
- Mix a tablespoon of cinnamon powder and honey well to form a thick paste.
- Apply this thick paste on your nose before sleeping and leave it overnight.
- Rinse your face with lukewarm water in the morning.
- Repeat this for 10 days and see the magic.
6. Baking Soda & Water
It is well known that baking soda has stain cleaning qualities, but you may not know that it can be helpful in getting rid of blackheads as it’s a good exfoliant. The small, fine granules of baking soda exfoliate your skin in a perfect way and scrub away dead skin cells. It also helps unclog your pores; containing dirt, oil or dead skin cells and makes your skin look smooth and glowing.
You will need
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of Fresh water
- Mix a teaspoon of baking soda with one teaspoon of fresh water to form a thick, but spreadable paste.
- Apply this paste on the affected area of your nose with gentle strokes and gently massage it for 3-5 minutes.
- Let the paste dry for a few minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Make sure you apply moisturizer after rinsing your face.
- You can repeat this home remedy twice a week to prevent further blackheads on your nose.
7. Facial Steaming to Get Rid of Those Annoying Blackheads
Facial steaming is one of the easiest and quickest methods to get rid of blackheads naturally at home. Steaming your face will loosen and soften the skin and your blackheads will be driven out naturally.
- 3-4 cups of fresh water
- Deep Pan for boiling water
- A clean towel
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice (optional)
- Firstly, boil 3-4 cups of fresh water in a deep pan.
- Once the water starts boiling, remove the pan from the heat source and add a teaspoon of lemon to it.
- Lean over the hot pan of water and cover your head with a clean towel.
- Wash your face after taking the steam for a few minutes. Pat your face dry with a clean towel.
Precaution: Never attempt to do facial steaming while water is boiling on the burner!
8. We can’t forget Bentonite Clay (Ancient Home Remedy)
Bentonite is one of the most effective and powerful healing clays that has been used for centuries to treat a number of skin related ailments. It does a fantastic job to draw out oils or other dirt impurities locked in your pores because of its molecules “electrical charge” when wet.
It also helps with blood circulation, which helps with overall skin tone and health. You can mix the clay with water or apple cider vinegar, maybe sticking to the former if you have dry or sensitive skin.
- 1 teaspoon of bentonite clay
- Water or Apple Cider Vinegar
- Take a teaspoon of bentonite clay and mix in enough fresh water or Apple Cider Vinegar to form a thick paste.
- Apply this paste on your nose or affected areas and let it dry for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water and apply moisturizer.
9. Turmeric and Mint Remedy
Turmeric is a wonder spice that can be used with a variety of other ingredients to remove your blackheads. If you regularly use turmeric paste, it can help you prevent clogging of pores and give you a clear glowing skin with tightened pores.
What do you need?
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons of mint juice
Directions to use
- Thoroughly mix a tablespoon of turmeric powder with 2 tablespoons of mint juice.
- Apply this paste on the affected skin and let it dry for 20 minutes.
- Rinse your face with fresh water and moisturize your skin.
10. Green Tea Remedy (You don’t have to drink it!)
What do you need?
- 2 tablespoons of Green tea leaves OR 2 Green tea bags
- 1 cup of water
- Cotton balls
Follow the steps below:
- Boil a cup of water and add green tea leaves or bags to it.
- Let the tea steep for about 50-60 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags or strain the tea leaves and keep it in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Wash your face and get ready to apply it.
- Soak the cotton ball in the green tea kept in the refrigerator and dab it on your blackheads.
- After applying chilled green tea on your face; wait for about 15-20 minutes to wash your face.
- Moisturize your skin after rinsing your face with water.
We hope that above mentioned natural remedies will quickly help you to get rid of blackheads on nose or face. The only way to prevent blackheads from appearing again is by taking proper care of your skin. Don’t try all of these remedies simultaneously! Just stick with any one of the remedies to get the fastest result!
You may like to read: Safe And Effective Remedies To Get Rid Of Stretch Marks Naturally
Share the article with your friends, if you think it was worth your time. If you have any other home remedy that has worked for you, you can share that in the comments section below so that other readers can also be benefited from it.