Has losing weight become a constant nightmare for you?
Do you feel tired even after sleeping for good 8 hours?
Is weekend your only hope of getting more sleep? Do you just feel sluggish all day long? Do you have such thoughts been hunting for quite a while now?
Here we are talking about green cleanse. It has turned out to be exceptionally prominent as of late. A large number of people have encountered groundbreaking results with green cleanse diet. Weight loss is by all accounts the most mainstream result, yet there are numerous different advantages to a green cleanse diet.
Juice Cleanse v/s Green Cleanse
Green cleanse may sound very similar to a juice cleanse but there are significant differences between them. The difference lies in the approach being followed for the detoxification of the body.
In a juice cleanse, you are solely on a liquid diet but in a green cleanse you are permitted to eat some snacks and solid food but it has to be strictly organic.
Green cleanse is a very effective technique for the detoxification of our bodies. It helps our body to throw out the unwanted toxins which are present in our food. Those toxins got accumulated with time and give a hard time to our vital organs such as Liver and Kidney.
What Is Detoxification All About?
Well, we humans have a weight phobia and whenever we gain weight. We generally stress ourselves and change our lifestyles to burn extra weight. And also we go to the gym and try heavy exercises without proper planning which might cause injury sometimes. And we end up spending more time and money without achieving the result as expected.
The correct way to lose weight is first to clear out the body from the toxins and other unwanted entities that have found home in our body. For this, we need a good detoxification process.
Once the body is completely clean from inside it is ready for the change that you want and will readily respond to your efforts for the same. Thus detoxification has become a necessary part of our lives. Also, even if you are not aiming for a weight loss then also detoxification can benefit you by helping you to maintain your body clean and healthy from inside.
Green Cleanse : A Changing Lifestyle
These days our focus has started shifting towards our health and we are becoming more and more conscious about It. We do regulate our food habit, lifestyle etc. to maintain a healthy body. Some of the healthy suggestions are listed below you can choose some as per your requirement and limitation.
- Green cleanse helps you maintain your health through the organic and natural way and also as compared to most detoxification processes it is affordable and shows quick results.
- Now, the main question is what exactly is Green Cleanse? Well, to put it in simple terms it is a detoxification technique that has gained popularity because of its all organic nature and also for it being affordable to mass.
- In a green cleanse, we depend on 3 things for our diet and they are smoothies, snacks and water. Some people here might prefer tea as well. The green cleanse has a strict timeline and is only to be followed for 10 days and not more than that.
- This is a rebuilding diet. It is used to alkalinize the body, lose weight, clear the skin and cleanse the liver. It is also useful in relieving a toxic mucous condition.
- For forty days, eat only green foods. That means salads, steamed greens, avocados, sprouts, green olives and moong beans.
- Unless you are using this diet to correct acne, green fruits such as honeydew, green apples, and green grapes can be included. Yogi tea can be taken throughout the fast. Once a week, if you feel that you need more protein, you can eat a handful of nuts and a portion of cooked grains, but don’t overdo it!
- By eating too many nuts and grains you’ll give yourself a stomach ache and defeat the purpose of your fast. When you break the fast, add fruits, then grains, and finally dairy.
10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse – Full Guide
Green smoothies – Ingredients
- All ingredients are raw. Only use green leafy veggies, fruits and water in the green smoothies during the 10-day Cleanse.
- Use dark green leafy vegetables – greens include arugula, beet greens, bok choy, carrot top leaves, chard/Swiss chard, collard greens, dandelion greens, kale, lettuce (especially with dark green leaves), mustard greens, parsley, radish tops, sorrel, spinach, spring greens, turnip greens, watercress.
- Remove stems for your greens for the best taste.
- Rotate your greens so you don’t build up harmful amounts of alkaloids.
Source Of Protein
Green cleanse diet can contain 40% greens are a source of protein.
- If you feel you need additional protein because of a heavy workout, you can add protein powder in your blender
- You can also add 1 scoop of protein powder per day to your green smoothies so you feel full for a longer period and it will also help keep your metabolism high.
- Use a non-dairy, plant based protein powder, such as rice, soy, or hemp protein, and not whey protein powder, which is made from cow’s milk.
Eat Fruits Regularly
Add fruits – e.g. apples, bananas, blueberries, grapes (seedless), mango, mixed berries, peaches, pineapple, and strawberries.
- If you’re diabetic or have Candida, use only low-sugar fruits, monitor blood sugar, and get a doctor’s permission before following the diet.
- Note that low-sugar fruits include apples, grapefruits , lemons, limes, cherries, strawberries, cranberries, raspberries, goji berries, and blueberries; moderate-sugar fruits include peaches, oranges, pears, apples, pomegranates, and plums; high-sugar fruits include apricots, melons, kiwis, mangos, papayas, pineapples, bananas, dates, figs, raisins, and grapes.
- Go easy on fruits; don’t overdo them. Fruits can be fresh or frozen. Use ripe fruit – if it isn’t ripe when you get it, allow it to get ripe before adding it to your blender.
- Super foods such as maca or acai berries can be added if you want. Ground flaxseeds are included in most recipes. Stevia is included in most recipes as a sweetener.
Use organic ingredients where possible. If you can’t find organic fruits and vegetables, wash off the pesticides and waxes as best you can, using special cleaners from health food stores or vinegar, scrubbing and rinsing carefully.
Use spring or purified water in your green smoothies. Another option is alkaline water, which aids in detoxification and better hydration. You can add ice if you want. Tap water is not recommended for use.
- Each day you drink up to 60 ounces of green smoothies per day. Use smoothies, not juices – smoothies contain whole foods with lots of fibre.
- Prepare your entire day’s worth of green smoothies in the morning and pack it up to take with you. Keep it refrigerated as much as possible.
- Drink 1/3 of the recipe (12-16 ounces) every 3-4 hours throughout the day or sip on the smoothie as you get hungry.
- Chew your smoothies as much as possible, to avoid gas and bloating.
- If you don’t feel like drinking the entire day’s worth of smoothie, then drink at least two of them to ensure your body gets the proper nutrition.
- It’s important to drink a green smoothie or snack every 3-4 hours interval to keep your metabolism revved up. You might not feel like having much, but you still need to give your body fuel (smoothie or snack) at every 3-4 hours interval.
Use a high-speed blender, around 1000 watts. These brands are mentioned: Vitamin, Blendtec, and Nutribullet.
If you’re using a smaller blender, you may need to make the day’s recipe in two batches. You may snack on apples, celery, carrots, cucumbers, and other crunchy veggies throughout the day.
Few Take-Home Tips:
Once you start following the above-mentioned plan and opt for green cleanse there are certain things that you will have to exclude from your diet.
The products that you have to exclude are basically those food items that are high on toxin content and are hard to digest. These include – dairy products like milk, cheese etc. beverages like alcohol, beer etc. Solid food like meat, beef and chicken and most importantly you will have to stop smoking.
Instead of smoking I would suggest you to start drinking water. Whenever you feel the urge to smoke just pick up a water bottle and start drinking slowly till urge subsides. Once this becomes a habit you will not only keep your lungs safe but also you will keep your body hydrated and this is very important in any of the cleanse or detoxification process.
Like all the cleanse or detoxification process green cleanse also is most effective when you plan out all the things well in advance and do everything according to the plan. You can plan out your complete daily routine for the next 10 days and then adhere to it strictly. The best routine is to get up and first drink loads of water so that your body is ready for the cleaning that is going to get.
Then after that do the daily ordeals and then for breakfast have a good glass of green smoothie. If a smoothie is heavy then you can opt for green tea or lemon honey and ginger tea. This will right away start the detoxification process and when you drink the smoothie, it will act as a catalyst.
Here in this cleanse process you are on a liquid diet for the most part but make sure you consume loads and loads of water every day. The reason is that if you stop drinking water then there is a high risk of dehydration and also water is excellent in flushing out the toxins from the body.
As it is with every cleanse process, there are certain problems that you might face with the green cleanse. The problems may include insatiable hunger urge, low energy levels, light headache, dizziness etc. but do not worry just continue the diet as planned because these symptoms are temporary and will go away once you are in full swing of green cleanse. These symptoms are an indication that your body is slowly accepting the change that it is going through and making adjustments in its metabolism process for the same.
The effects of green cleanse are almost instant and ad once you complete the decided limit for the cleanse you will be a completely changed person overall. This cleanse might clean your body from inside but it also gives you a different perspective on lifestyle. It makes you believe that even in this world full of stress and pollution you can still lead a healthy and a happy lifestyle.