Do you know that grapefruit is one of the best subtropical citrus fruits which works surprisingly to detox your body? Yes, this fruit works amazingly for different health related problems apart from detoxification. Therefore, grapefruit detox is a must try.
What Is Grapefruit Detox:
To live a healthy life, detoxification is needed for human’s health which can be easily done by following a simple grapefruit diet. Whenever you think to detox your body entirely, you can add grapefruit in your daily diet.
Everything related to detoxification using grapefruit has been discussed in details below:
Detox Element Of Grapefruit:
1. Full of Antioxidants
A grapefruit diet is best known for its wonderful effects as an antioxidant. The powerful antioxidant glutathione is present in grapefruit in abundance. It clears the entire body from multiple harmful toxic substances produced by our body.
The harmful agents which ruin our outer skin daily by constantly damaging the layers also get kicked off by the antioxidant. So, add grapefruit in your diet to reduce harmful substances and keep your body clean and healthy.
2. Extensive Amount of Fiber Present in Grapefruit
The pulp of grapefruit contains huge amount of fiber which helps to clean our body by removing the solid waste in the form of feces. Fiber also helps in proper digestion of the food substances that we eat.
Grapefruit enhances the glow of your skin which is a sign of digestive clearance as it helps in ultimate digestion and removes the waste matter completely from our body.
3. Great Amount of Vitamin C
Grapefruit contains a huge amount of Vitamin C. Grapefruit have 59% of vitamin C which is high enough.
It helps in various ways to reduce the toxic substances from your body. It also contains lycopene and limonoids which are great phytochemicals and work stunningly to clean the toxic substances from the body.
4. Grapefruit Makes for a Perfect Healthy Juice
Grapefruit contains an extensive amount of water which helps to flush out the toxic substances from your body through urine and sweat.
The detoxification process gets faster due to the presence of the vitamins and minerals in the juice which transport throughout the body rapidly by the liquid content of the juice.
Therefore, it is known as one of the best detox diet fruit due to its super fast activities.
5. Huge Source of Other Vitamins and Minerals
Grapefruit is a healthy citrus fruit which has huge amount of different vitamins and minirals apart from the vitamin C.
It also contains Vitamin A, Biotin, Pantothenic acid, Vitamin B1, and Potassium.
Twelve Days Diet Plan That Includes Grapefruit
If you want to lose some of those extra pounds within a fortnight, then add grapefruit in your every meal. The fruit can reduce your weight within this period.
Here the prescribed diet chart of dietitians which would be helpful to reduce toxic substances.
- Breakfast: Add half of a grapefruit along with two scrambled or boiled eggs, two bacon strips or a toasted slice. You can add butter or jam in your toast whichever you want but don’t add both. Have it with a cup of coffee for twelve days.
- Lunch: In the lunch also add half of a grapefruit along with salad, soup, and baked fish or meat. Add meat in your lunch as much you want.
You can add chicken, turkey or fish as per your choice almost three ounces in your lunch but the food substances should be steamed or grilled adequately. The fat-free salad is a must in your lunch.
- Snacks: Eat half of a grapefruit during snacks hours. Try to stay away from starch and sugar foods while you are following this grapefruit diet.
- Dinner: Add half grapefruit with red and green vegetables. Avoid starch like potatoes, beans corn or peas. There should be no celery and onions in your dinner for these twelve days. You can add meat as much you like in your dinner too.
Just like lunch, add fish, chicken or turkey in the same amount in your dinner. Try not to consume fried non-vegetable foods. Add simple salad in your dinner.
Grapefruit Detoxification Procedure:
In our body, detoxification process is divided into two different phases. These two internal detoxification phases work differently to reduce the toxic substances produced by the metabolism process.
Grapefruit works stunningly to control these two phases and reduce the toxic substances perfectly.
1. Phase 1 Detoxification:
Phase 1 detoxification is placed in the liver which generally slowed down by grapefruit. The slowed down process is helpful as it diminishes the huge amount of harmful toxic chemicals like insecticides and pesticides which may lead hyperactivity or may cause the ‘induction’ of the pathway.
If the insecticides or the pesticides once get hyperactive then the detoxification phase 2 cannot be continued, as a result free radicals which are responsible for causing extensive damaging effects are produced.
The hyperactivity can be enhanced by alcohol, caffeine, exhaust fumes and paint which cause the outer skin damages along with the inner cellular damages.
2. Phase 2 Detoxification:
The phase 2 detoxification is interlinked with the phase 1 process. The body is substantially damaged due to the harmful intermediate toxic substances if the phase 2 process does not work properly.
Grapefruit works stunningly to delay the phase 1 process and it also helps to catch up the phase 2 processes. Through balancing the two vital detoxification processes, grapefruit helps your liver to balance the workload.
Healthy Grapefruit Salad Recipe
Grapefruit is highly available during the winter season in tropical and subtropical regions. You can try the Miami winter salad recipe at home to give something new to your taste buds.
Recipe of Miami Salad
- Take 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- Salt half tablespoon or as per your taste
- Take thin sliced onions half tablespoon
- Take two sectioned or peeled grapefruits
- Grapefruit juice (separately)
- 2 pears (cut in cubes)
- 1 large ripe avocado
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped and toasted pecans
Procedure of Salad Making
- Take a bowl and pour the grapefruit juice into it.
- Add one by one all the ingredients, except avocado, pecans and pear into the bowl and whisk the bowl properly.
- Later add the sliced onion and toss the bowl to combine the ingredients properly.
- Make toppings with pear and grapefruit.
- Cover the bowl properly and refrigerate the bowl for a while.
- Before plating the salad, add avocado and pecans into the chilled salad and toss the salad mixture again to combine the ingredients properly.
Benefits Of Grapefruit Detox:
1. Grapefruit Is Good Antimicrobial Agent
Grapefruit is a great source of antimicrobial agents which all contain a huge amount of antioxidants. The digestive system gets cleaned by the antimicrobial agents properly. The parasites, bacteria, fungus and germs get diminished properly by the grapefruit containing antimicrobial agents. So, add grapefruit in your daily diet as much as you can.
2. Grapefruit Cleans Skin
Are you looking for a remedy to clean your oily skin properly with the help of natural fruit sources? If your answer is yes, then go for the grapefruit.
Grapefruit is a good source of vitamin C and many different natural acids. These acids along with vitamin C and antioxidants work stunningly to clean the pores and protect your skin from further germ infection.
Grapefruit also contains quercetin which improves blood circulation in your face. For tightening and toning the skin properly it contains potassium which also supports cleansing in cellular level too.
So, eat grapefruit and stay away from pore-clogging, acne, and greasiness of your skin.
3. Grapefruit Helps in Cellulite Depletion
Grapefruits have a vast amount of bromelain which is an enzyme and works amazingly to clean skin internally by breaking down the cellulite level.
The fruit also contains anti-inflammatory agents. Eat grapefruit daily to burn the cellulite and the fat and get a healthy skin by increasing blood circulation and detoxification process.
4. Grapefruit Is Beneficial For Hair Too
The oil of pink grapefruit is very advantageous for your hair. It makes hair shiny, silky and smooth.
Pink grapefruit diminishes the oily scalp and increases the blood circulation properly which enhances the hair growth.
5. Grapefruit Enhances White Blood Cell Production
Grapefruit is a powerhouse of Vitamin C, which enhances the amount of glutathione in the blood. As the amount of the antioxidant increases, the construction of white blood cells gets improved.
The white blood cells fight against the pathogens in your body and remove diminish a number of toxic substances and make your health absolutely germs free by detoxicating properly.
6. It Boosts Up Immunity
It is well known to all of us that immunity would be boosted by consuming vitamin C containing foods.
The fruit contains bioflavonoid which is another stunning agent to enhance the immunity level adequately apart from vitamin C.
7. Grapefruit and Weight Loss
- Grapefruit helps you to lose weight within a short time span. Grapefruit contains AMPK which is a protein kinase and it gets activated by the AMP enzyme. AMPK helps the body to utilize the sugar and boosts up the metabolism by this process which results in weight loss.
- Grapefruit also contains natural sugars which are utilized in the metabolism process quickly so the chances of accumulation of sugar get reduced which helps in weight loss.
- Also the fragrances of grapefruit stimulate some sympathetic nerves that pass signals to the adrenal gland and adipose tissue. This ultimately results in weight loss.
- Grapefruits increase the plasma glycerol level in our body. This proves that the energy stored are transformed into glucose and consumed. This helps in weight loss.
8. The Quantity of Drugs Get Reduced
Grapefruit contains naringin flavonoid which can easily stop the enzyme activity in the intestine, as well as in the liver where phase 1 detoxification process is held. The enzymes break down the drugs and eliminate them. Naringin enhances the concentration of these drugs into the bloodstream.
As much the drugs present into the bloodstream the number of chemotherapy drugs gets reduced.
It is always a smart idea to consult about the consumption of grapefruit to your doctor when you are going through harsh medication.
9. Grapefruit Improves the Brain Function
Grapefruit helps in inhibiting acetylcholinesterase which breaks down acetylcholine. Grapefruit inhibits the enzyme by almost 25%.
The neurotransmitter acetylcholine is used in medicines in the past to treat the disorders of brain function like dementia, Alzheimer, Schizophrenia, Parkinson’s disease and many other brain diseases.
10. Grapefruit Reduces the Chances of Breast Cancer
Because of Vitamin C and antioxidant properties, grapefruit reduces the chance of breast cancer extensively. It helps to keep the tissue cells of the breast intact and also prevent cell mutation.
If you are going through any types of hormone therapy, then consult with your doctor before eating grapefruit as it can give opposite results during the therapy.
So, enjoy grapefruit by adding it in your everyday diet and give grapefruit detox a try to know if it works for you or not.
Once you start consuming it in day-to-day basis you would see the effectiveness very soon.
Enjoy your healthy lifestyle by detoxifying yourself and reflect your inner and outer glow simultaneously.