You’ve a perfect outfit and flawless makeup, but if your hair isn’t looking right, it’ll throw the entire look off. Going to a salon for a hair treatment will give you the desired results but it can be pricey.
But, you can get the same results with an easy DIY hair mask at home designed perfectly to address different hair issues.
Well, preparing a mask at home isn’t as laborious as it sounds. Sometimes they’re messy but everything seems good if it saves your money. Also, most of the ingredients are lying in your kitchen uselessly like overripe avocados.
These 5 DIY moisturizing hair masks don’t require any special skills and take no longer than 20-30 minutes of your time.
So, without wasting more time let’s get started.
Here Are 5 DIY Hair Masks to Give a New Lease of Life to Your Tresses.
1. Hydrate Your Tresses with Avocado and Honey DIY Hair Mask
Whatever is your hair-dehydrating demon: sun overexposure, hard water, your trustworthy flat iron–nature’s sweetener can lend you a helping hand.
Honey is a natural humectant (moisturizer), therefore it attracts and locks in moisture. Crude honey is also used in treating seborrheic dermatitis, hair loss and to prevent relapse.
By adding avocado and olive oil to this hair mask, you’ll get the best DIY hair mask for damaged hair, that too at home for free.
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 to 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Apply this paste to your clean and damp hair.
- Gently massage for a few minutes.
- After 20 minutes, rinse with lukewarm water and shampoo.
You can also use egg yolk in place of avocado, which will replenish the keratin protein bonds that are attacked by UV rays.
Treat your hair with this honey-avocado hair mask once a month to see the results.
2. Egg Yolk and Milk for Damaged Hair
This is one of the best DIY hair masks for dry damaged hair and I just love it as it makes my unruly hair behave.
The fatty acids present in egg yolk fight dandruff and strengthens hair shaft. Milk will provide moisture to your hair and lemon juice will not let your hair become oil.
Don’t miss out on the benefits of lemon water to stay fit.
- 1 whole egg
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Make a concoction by mixing all the ingredients.
- Then, apply it evenly on your hair and scalp.
- Leave it for 20-30 minutes.
- Wash your hair with your favorite shampoo
3. Coconut Oil Mask to Fight Frizz
Coconut oil locks in the moisture without any petroleum-based ingredients found in many hydrating hair products.
Coconut water has also many skin and hair benefits, which you should know.
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Mix both the oils in a bowl.
- Coat the hair with this blend, especially on brittle ends.
- Now, wrap your mane into a bun and cover with a shower cap.
- Let it sit for 15-30 minutes.
- Then, rinse, shampoo and condition as usual.
4. DIY Hair Mask for Color Treated Hair
I recently bleached my hair and if you’re sailing in the same boat, you’ll understand that strange, dry feeling that comes after using artificial colors. To restore some moisture and regain my hair’s softness, I tried this DIY repairing hair mask with coconut oil, mayonnaise and avocado.
If you haven’t tried mayonnaise for your hair, then you should definitely give it a try now.
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil (or substitute with olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise or an egg
- ½ avocado (or substitute with banana)
- Plastic bag
- Combine the ingredients in a bowl and mix with a fork.
- Mix them until the mixture becomes smooth and creamy.
- Then apply it on your hair, focusing on the ends.
- Work your way up but avoid the roots unless they’re extremely dry.
- After that cover your mane with a plastic bag for 30 minutes.
- In the end, wash your hair twice to get rid of any residue.
5. 30 Minute DIY Hair Mask for Split Ends
Does your hair look too damaged?
Do you have dry and split ends but you don’t want to chop your hair?
Because sporting a short hair cut is not your cup of tea.
Then, invest half an hour of your life and give this mask for split ends a go.
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of almond oil
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
I hope you know the advantages of drinking apple cider vinegar. If not, then read them in my previous article.
- Mix all the ingredients together without any lumps.
- Simply work the mixture into your mane, paying special attention to the ends and going up until you’ve covered all hair.
- Let it sit for the next half an hour.
- Then rinse it off with warm water.
Feel free to double the amount of the mixture in case you’ve long hair.
This mask can also be a great DIY hair mask for curly hair as it’ll make them manageable and silky soft.
Last But Not the Least:
Don’t believe whatever I say, just give these hair masks a try and see yourself.
If you’ve ever tried any DIY hair mask, then do share your recipe with our other readers as well.
Good luck getting your locks back to its healthy, happy and shiny state!!