We don’t know, whether oily skin is a blessing or a curse, but we definitely know that we need moisture on our beautiful faces. Plus 15 SPF at the minimum, all day and every day. For which we need the best moisturizer for oily skin to kill two birds with one hydrating stone.
Now the question arises, what is the best moisturizer for oily skin that isn’t greasy, yucky and pimple causing? Well, there are various great options to choose from.
But finding the best moisturizer for oily skin is not an easy task. Especially when you don’t know, which ingredients are good or bad for your oily and acne prone skin?
From classic Clinique to the everyone’s favorite Neutrogena and every old faithful moisturizer in between, skincare brands have started to notice your skin needs and develop formulae according to your skin type.
But before naming those oil free moisturizers, I would like to enlighten you on How to Moisturize Your Face Properly? Because doing it the wrong way can result in saggy and wrinkled skin. So, enjoy this soothing video and do it the right way.
Here Is A List of Best Moisturizer for Oily Skin to Keep You Looking Your Best
1. Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture: The Best Moisturizer for Oily Face (and my personal favorite)
Neutrogena’s Moisture for Sensitive Skin is a lightweight, water-based moisturizer which provides gentle and effective moisturization even for the most sensitive skin.
This feather-light formula vanishes into your skin without leaving it greasy.
Its dual-action formula is extra gentle and alcohol-free to give you natural matte finish throughout the day.
- Skin is left feeling soft, smooth and moisturized.
- Non-comedogenic (won’t clog pores)
- Allergy tested
- Easy on pocket
- So far, nothing bad has been said or written about this product. So, go for it without any second thoughts.
After your daily face cleansing, apply liberally over your face and neck. You can use this best mattifying moisturizer for oily skin, alone or under makeup.
2. Paula’s Choice Skin Balancing Moisturizer
Paula’s Choice has created a moisturizing gel that helps you to get smooth skin, stimulate collagen production and minimize pores.
It’s specially formulated for normal to oily, combination skin and acne prone skin.
The gel formula which is ideal for softening and smoothing your face, neck and eye area, is infused with antioxidants, anti-irritants, and niacinamide to absorb sebum from the face.
A research was also conducted to check the effectiveness of sebum absorption of niacinamide on Oriental and Caucasian populations.
Directions to use:
At night, use Paula’s Choice Skin Balancing Moisturizer as the last step in your skincare routine.
For daytime use, follow this moisturizer with a broad-spectrum sunscreen.
- Smoothes out wrinkles on face and around eyes
- Makes skin radiant
- Absorbs quickly
- Keeps makeup fresh.
- Perfect combination of matte and silky
- Sensitive skin can react to its strong formula
- Doesn’t contain SPF
3. Clinique Daily Essentials Kit
Sometimes your face needs a number of products working together to solve your combination face issues. At that moment, Clinique’s Daily Essentials Kit could be your savior.
This kit includes:
- Liquid Facial Soap for your oily skin
- Eye make-up remover to give you full-face cleanup.
- Powerful clarifying lotion to slough off dead cells.
- Clinique’s All About Eyes to reduce dark circles and puffiness around your peepers,
- Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel’s non-greasy formula to rehydrate your complexion leaving it foundation ready.
- Everything in one small kit (what else you can ask for?)
- Clarifying lotion can be drying
- Overpriced (for some)
- Less quantity
- Gel moisturizer doesn’t contain SPF
4. Lavo Daily Moisturizing Cream
If you want my opinion, then Lavo’s moisturizing cream is so far the best moisturizer for oily acne prone skin I’ve ever used.
After cleansing and toning, apply this super-hydrating cream on your face twice every day. Also, apply it prior to makeup for matte finish.
- Can be used by both men and women
- Prevents and clears up pimples and blackheads
- Calms redness
- Fragrance-free, cruelty-free and paraben free
- Texture seems somewhat gluey
- Blue color can be off-putting
5. Alina Skin Care Vitamin C Serum
If you’re hoping for more even skin-tone, less noticeable wrinkles and a healthier, vibrant looking complexion, then Alina’s Vitamin C formula can be a great option for you.
Because this serum uses the highest quality vitamin C to stimulate collagen production, along with hyaluronic acid, organic aloe, and vegetable based glycerin to give your face a powerful moisturizing boost.
It’s not a moisturizer exactly, but it does make the work of your actual moisturizer easier to give you better results.
What? You don’t know the benefits of vitamin C for your skin. Then, you can read it in my previous article.
Apply the serum in the morning and at night on your face and neck before applying your moisturizer.
- Includes natural ingredients like green and white tea extracts
- Anti-aging formula
- Delicious citrus fragrance
- Vitamin C can irritate sensitive skin
- Can cause redness, itching and drying
6. Mediderm’s Bio- Cellular Oxygen Concentrate
Mediderm has come up with a perfect moisturizer for acne prone skin, but people of all skin types can benefit from this miracle product.
Its unique formula increases oxygen levels in your skin’s cells, making your complexion feeling fresh, hydrated and rejuvenated.
Packed with super-charging ingredients and antioxidants including special glycoproteins, Vitamin B5 (for its moisturizing effects), Chondrus Crispus, Saccharomyces Lysate, Marine Collagen, Marine Elastin, this moisturizer will leave your skin glowing and flawless.
- Great for all skin types, even sensitive skin
- Small amount goes a long way
- Great under makeup
- Unknown ingredients
- Gel formula seems sticky to some
7. Clean & Clear Acne Control Moisturizer
Say goodbye to breakouts and dry skin with Clean and Clear Acne Control Moisturizer.
The oil-free acne moisturizer contains 0.5% salicylic acid that can help to clear- up skin blemishes and acne but with regular use only.
This powerful and soothing moisturizer is a one-stop solution which is easy to use and doesn’t leave any residue.
Wash your face then apply a thin layer (think pea-size amount) over your face.
Don’t use it more than thrice a day. If your skin starts to dry out reduce your use to only once a day. And if you’re heading outside, then for goodness sake wear sunscreen.
- Contains minimum essential concentration of salicylic acid
- Prevents new breakouts and gradually treats existing ones too
- Mild fragrance
- Will not suit dry skin.
- Doesn’t go well with acne medication, so consult your doctor before using it.
- Doesn’t contain sunscreen.
I hope that with this list of best moisturizers for oily skin, you’ll definitely get the remedy to your greasy complexion.
Also, I don’t recommend using the same lotion on your chest, neck, back (hello bacne!) and upper arms because acne tends to occur there as well.
While choosing a facial moisturizer for oily and acne-prone skin, stay away from pore clogging ingredients like petroleum, mineral oil or silicones.
Last but not the least, stay hydrated and matte all day long with these refreshing moisturizers and give those face wipes a break.