It’s so darn amusing how the fight between your heart and brain, always ends up hurting your liver. But the after effects of this fight are not amusing. And at that moment, the need for a cup of delicious liver detox tea arises.
Along with the food, there are many drinks that are good for your liver and you can prepare most of them in the comforts of your home.
So, in this article, we’ll learn – How to prepare liver detox home remedy with turmeric?
But why turmeric?
Because turmeric, an Ayurvedic spice, is being used in countless recipes for its uncountable health benefits.
Health Benefits of Turmeric Liver Detox Tea
- Detoxifies body and liver
- Minimizes any discomfort or nausea
- Powerful anti-inflammatory
- Works wonders for joint and arthritis pain
- Prevents internal blood clotting
- Boosts immunity by improving liver function
- Protects liver tissue
- Cleanses and purifies the blood
- Eases symptoms of cough and cold
- Improves circulation in the body
- Improves skin complexion
- Reduces bad cholesterol
- Stimulates secretion of bile which helps break down fat
But how can turmeric achieve this feat?
Turmeric inhibits free radical damage of fats such as those found in cholesterol and cell membranes.
It induces the formation of a primary liver detoxification enzyme, GST (glutathione S-transferase) enzymes.
It also prevents the formation of the inflammatory chemical COX-2 (cyclooxygenase-2).
Is your head spinning after reading all these ‘alien’ scientific terms?
Yes? Same here. Then, just forget about all these boring terms and try this mouth-watering tea.
Related Post : Detox Water Recipes to Burn Fat and Cleanse Your Body
Here is a Recipe for Turmeric Tea that “Tastes Like Home Made Tea”
First of all, get these ingredients, if you don’t have them at your place.
- 2 teaspoons of finely grated fresh turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of finely grated fresh ginger
- Pinch of black pepper
- ½ – ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup organic coconut milk
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon raw, organic honey
You must be thinking, why am I using so many other ingredients. Here is your answer:
Ginger: It’ll double the anti-inflammatory results. It also works wonders for headaches, joint pain, and rheumatoid arthritis and is very effective digestive aid.
Black Pepper: Piperine, present in black pepper, multiplies the benefits of turmeric and helps in better absorption.
Cinnamon: It also contains anti-inflammatory properties.
Coconut Milk: The fats in coconut milk help in enhancing turmeric nutrient absorption. These extremely healthy and beneficial fats also protect you against cardiovascular diseases.
Raw Honey: It is rich in enzymes, vitamins, nutrients and antioxidants and helps promote digestive health and is yummy!!
As now, you know, why I choose all these ingredients for this liver detox tea recipe, now do this:
- Fill mug with boiling water.
- Add turmeric and ginger
- Cover the mug and let the concoction steep for 10-15 minutes
- Then add cinnamon, black pepper, and honey and stir.
- Pour coconut milk and stir well.
- Now, enjoy the comforting and aromatic tea!!
You can drink this tea everyday, but only one cup, not more than that.
NOTE: You can strain out turmeric and ginger or leave them in. That’s entirely up to you.
There are various ways to add this Golden Spice to your diet.
Adding liver detox tea to your diet is a pleasant and tasty way to continually optimize your health. Or you can simply add turmeric in a variety of dishes or take a turmeric supplement.
I really hope that you’ll benefit from this tea and if you have your own detox tea recipe, then do share it with our prestigious readers in the comments below.