Whether your hair is straight or curly, it tends to get dry and brittle after regularly using those heating tools. So, it’s time to put away those hair damaging tools and start repairing the damage done to your hair. Therefore, pamper your hair with an avocado hair mask.
But what if you don’t know any avocado hair mask recipe?
If so, then, don’t worry, I’m here to your rescue as I myself use avocado hair masks and swear by them.
I’ve thick curls and I used to straighten my hair regularly, which made my hair look like a broom. Then, I searched Google until I found these 5 hair masks with avocado that contained ingredients that I already had.
Because you know that my too-lazy-to-refill-my-water-glass attitude doesn’t allow me to leave the house to buy stupid things.
The best part is they actually work and are inexpensive natural remedies that leave your mane super-smooth.
Here Are Some Avocado Hair mask benefits
- Enviable Shiny Hair: Department of Health Care Services has said that avocados are a rich source of Vitamins B and E, amino acids, and omega 3 fatty acids which are essential for smooth, shiny and beautiful hair.
- Heat protectant: I use avocados to treat my curly hair, which used to look more like a broom after too much hair styling. But now they’re in good condition because of the avocado hair mask I use every week. It works as a great heat protectant for hair and save them from further damage.
- Prevent Split Ends: Avocados hydrate dry and brittle hair effectively, thus helping in limiting the split ends.
- Natural Conditioner for dry and damaged hair:This buttery fruit acts is an effective natural conditioner for your dry hair. Massaging your hair with its paste can give you healthy and soft hair. It also manages frizz-prone hair to a great extent.
- Moisturizes and Revitalizes Dry Scalp: Avocado hair mask or avocado oil can penetrate deep inside the skin and keep the scalp hydrated. This potent oil inculcates the hair follicles, which result in improving blood circulation in the scalp.
5 Self Tested Avocado Hair Masks To Make Your Hair Feel Loved.
1. Coconut Oil-Avocado Hair Mask to Fight Dryness
This is my favorite avocado hair mask recipe as it contains coconut oil which I love to use in my skin and hair care regime.
It not only smells good but also moisturizes your thirsty strands.
Skin And Hair Benefits Of Coconut Water You Should Know.
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1 small bowl
- Mash the avocado in the bowl.
- Add coconut oil to it and mix well to make a smooth paste.
- Massage this homemade avocado hair mask gently into your wet hair.
- Leave it for 20-30 minutes.
- In the end, wash hair as usual.
Use this paste once a week to get soft and smooth hair.
2. Lemon-Avocado Hair Paste for Lifeless hair
I recently discovered this avocado mask hair and this is extremely simple yet highly effective vegan hair paste that you’ll love.
The first time I tried it, it was like I had replaced my hair with that of a Unicorn’s. Because it became so smooth.
- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon of aloe juice or gel
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 bowl
- Mash the avocado in a bowl.
- Now, add the rest of the ingredients to the mashed avocado to make a paste.
- Apply this paste to damp hair and leave it on for a few minutes.
- Then, shampoo your hair.
Apply this mask once a week as a conditioner to moisturize your hair. It’ll also add body and shine to your dry and frizzy hair.
3. Avocado and Honey Hair Mask to Tame the Frizz
Don’t miss the health benefits of drinking honey water.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- A few of lavender oil (optional)
- Mash the avocado into a smooth paste.
- Now, mix all the ingredients in a bowl and blend them until the mixture forms a smooth paste of uniform consistency.
- Apply the mask onto your damp hair, paying extra attention to the hair ends.
- Then, massage the mixture gently on the scalp.
- After that cover your mane with a shower cap.
- Allow the mixture to sit.
- After 40-45 minutes, remove the shower cap and rinse your hair thoroughly.
- Then wash and condition your hair as you usual.
4. Avocado Banana Hair Mask for Curly and Dry Hair
This Banana-Avocado hair mask will help you to bring moisture and strength back to your hair. Both of them are natural ingredients and very beneficial for your hair’s health.
This mask will increase hair growth when incorporated into your hair regimen and is done weekly or bi-weekly. It’ll nourish and moisturize your locks from inside out, leaving it rejuvenated.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 bananas
- Peel the avocados and blend them in a blender.
- Grab a strainer and place it over a bowl.
- Pour the blended avocado mixture into the strainer.
- Now, grab the handle of the strainer and gently tap it against the bowl to separate the lumps from the mixture.
- Do the same thing with the bananas and then mix it with avocado mixture.
- Apply this avocado banana hair mask to your damp hair and cover them with a plastic cap.
- After 15 minutes (or longer if you want) wash your mane with a mild shampoo.
5. Egg Yolk-Avocado Hair Mask for Voluminous Tresses
For the ladies with thin hair, this avocado hair mask recipe is a boon. Use this mask for voluminous mane, hair growth and conditioning your dry tresses. It’s also very effective for softening and hydrating hair naturally.
- ½ ripe avocado
- 1 egg yolk
- Blend the avocado and egg yolk in a blender separately, until they form a uniform paste without any lumps.
- Now mix the two together.
- Damp your hair a bit with water and then apply the mask with your fingers starting from the scalp all the way down.
- Massage the mask gently with your finger tips into your scalp for few minutes to stimulate blood flow.
- Now, let the mask sit for 15-20 minutes, longer if you desire.
- Then, rinse your hair thoroughly to remove all the traces of the mask.
- In the end, shampoo and condition your hair as you normally do.
NOTE: While using egg in any mask, never use warm or hot water on your hair, as this will cook the egg. You’ll be stuck with those gross egg bits in your hair.
Ladies, let’s be extra nice to your hair this weekend and try any of the above avocado hair mask.
But keep in mind not to apply these masks close to the roots of your hair because it’ll weigh down your hair.
If you’ve ever used any avocado hair mask recipe and it has worked for you, then do share it with us in the comments below.