Acne does not only damage skin but it makes you feel embarrassed in public. Acne caused due to clogged pores, dead skin and oil which not only affects your face but your back, shoulders and neck.
Apple Cider vinegar is one of the best home remedies that can solve most of the skin problems with the help of detoxifying and anti-bacterial properties of Apple cider vinegar.
Beside that, it contains various elements like vitamins, enzymes, minerals, carbonic acid, amino acid, anti-oxidants, dietary fiber, acetic acid etc. which help the human body to function properly and prevent skin from acne.
Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar for Acne
- It helps to kill bacteria causing acne. This is why it is known as an anti-bacterial and antiseptic lotion.
- It is considered as a natural detoxifier which helps body to get rid of all harmful toxins that are major contributors to the growth of acne.
- The presence of alpha-hydroxy acid in apple cider vinegar helps to rejuvenate skin cells and therefore treating acne.
- It balances the pH level of skin which helps in regulating sebum secretion by oil gland.
- Apple cider vinegar reduces the redness, swelling and pain caused by the acne to minimal level. It shows great results on any form of acne like black and whiteheads and pimples.
- It acts as an astringent by drying out pimples. It helps in relieving you from the irritation.
- Minerals and vitamins present in apple cider vinegar cure the acne and also reduce scars.
- Not only acne, it also provides a solution to lower down cholesterol level. It improves the level of glucose tolerance and insulin sensitivity.
- Moreover, it builds the protected layer on the skin and helps to unclog pores. So that skin can breathe properly.
Is Apple Cider Vinegar Good for You?
Undoubtedly, apple cider vinegar has antibacterial and anti-fungal properties which prevent the growth of acne and infections.
It removes the extra oil from the skin and helps in maintaining the balance of oil secretion. Moreover, face wash with apple cider vinegar helps to maintain the pH level.
The technique is best suited to both oily and dry skin. In addition, it removes the dead skin and you feel fresh after its application on face.
Carol. S. Johnston and Cindy A. Gass have done a research on the medicinal uses of apple cider vinegar which clearly explains the anti-infective properties of the vinegar, its cardio-vascular effects, anti-tumor activity, blood glucose control etc.
Remedies to Cure Your Acne In a Blink
Drink Apple Cider Vinegar On Regular Basis
Apart from the applying apple cider vinegar on acne, you should drink it daily as it helps to kill the impurities and remove toxins presents in the body. It also helps in preventing the degradation of the tooth and removes impurities present in the blood stream.
To prepare a solution, mix at least two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water. You can add honey as well. Drink this solution at least once a day.
Vinegar With Water
If your skin is sensitive, then you should use the solution prepared in the ratio of three is to one.
Apply gently on the skin using cotton and leave it for few minutes before wash. You can also apply it at night and keep it till morning.
Then apply moisturizer and make sure it is oil-free. Repeat this process on a regular basis to get rid of acne problem.
Odd Combo Of Vinegar and Baking Soda
These are two quantities of opposite nature. When mixed together, baking soda plays a vital role of exfoliating your skin whereas vinegar helps to fight against bacteria. The combination of both maintains the PH level of skin.
To prepare this solution, add equal amounts of apple cider vinegar and baking soda. With the help of brush or hands, mix it thoroughly and prepare a mask.
Leave it for at least 20-30 minutes so that it completely dries up, then rinse with cold water and finally apply oil free moisturizer.
Repeat the same process once in a week.
Apple Cider Vinegar With Honey
Clean your face with lukewarm water. Apply cleanser and massage your face to clear pores in order to increase the circulation. You can also take steam for at least 3-5 minutes so that pores of the skin can open up.
Afterward, take 2 tablespoons of honey and gently rub on your face in a circular motion. Stop it if you feel like sticky.
After 10-15 minutes, rinse your face with lukewarm water.
Following to this, apply mixture of water and apple cider vinegar in 1:1 ratio and wipe it after 20-30 minutes.
Finally, you can apply oil-free moisturizer to the skin and repeat this process weekly.
Garlic And Apple Cider Vinegar
To extract the juice from garlic cloves, crush them properly. Add an almost equal amount of garlic extract and vinegar and mix it thoroughly.
Apply only on the affected part of skin using cotton ball and wait for at least 15 minutes. Rinse it away with lukewarm water. You can repeat this process regularly for better results.
Best For Back Pimples
It is sometimes difficult to apply any lotion or cream at the back to cure acne problem. Mix water and vinegar in 2:1 ratio respectively.
Pour this solution in spray bottle and spray this solution at the back. Leave it for at least 20 minutes and then rinse it with water.
Also, you can apply the same using cotton balls. Thus, repeat this process on regular basis.
Onion With Apple Cider Vinegar
Mix thoroughly equal amounts of vinegar and onion juice. Apply the same solution on the affected area and leave it to dry.
Rinse your face with lukewarm water followed by cold water.
Repeat this process on regular basis to have great results.
Application Of Apple Cider Vinegar to Treat Acne Scars and Cystic Acne
It also cleans the pores and removes dead skin cells. To get better results, you should use apple cider vinegar with water or honey.
In order to save skin from cystic acne, you have to maintain a pH level of the skin. For that apply apple cider vinegar directly to the cystic acne and keep it atleast for few minutes.
If you are planning to leave it overnight, then you should apply it only to the affected area and wash it with normal water next morning.
To have better results, repeat this process regularly for a month or so.
Tips And Precautions
Results of application of apple cider vinegar are usually positive and if the process is followed with certain precautions, it can do wonders for you. You can use it either for oily skin or dry skin. A few tips and precautions that you can follow:
- At the time of purchasing ACV from a grocery store, make sure that the product you choose to buy contains raw, unpasteurized and unfiltered vinegar with the addition of ‘The Mother’.
- Always drink vinegar using straw to prevent tooth decay from its acidic action.
- While preparing a solution, make sure to prepare it in a diluted form so that if you apply it in the presence of acetic acid, it do not result in any kind of irritation to the skin.
- Wash your face completely after 15 minutes of application. Wash it thoroughly, as vinegar has a strong scent.
- Be careful while using apple cider vinegar for acne treatment. Do not apply on wounds or near your eyes.
- Do not apply on the whole face in the first attempt. First, select a particular area for an application then after getting desired results, you can apply it on the whole region to cure acne.
- Application of vinegar leads to increase in the level of sensitivity of skin towards the sun. Make sure to apply sunscreen cream or lotion before moving out during day time.
- Do not ever apply it in the area surrounding your eyes. If any case, by mistake if it comes near to your eye region then wash it off immediately as it might damage your eyes.
- If you are applying it for the first time then apply it maximum for 5 minutes.
- Take proper care while ingesting it directly to the body as concentrated apple cider vinegar can be dangerous.