Are you tired of trying multiple exercises and medicines to lose weight? Do people around you make fun of you because you’re overweight? Then, why don’t you try aloe vera for weight loss?
Aloe Vera is generally utilized as a part of variety of beauty care products, medications and nourishment.
Before you read further about how aloe vera helps you in losing weight, check the list of topics that you will get acquainted to in this article:
- Facts About Aloe Vera
- Properties of Aloe Vera that Helps in Weight Loss
- How to Prepare Aloe Juice?
- Side Efects of Aloe Juice
- Simple and Quick Recipes of Aloe Vera Juice/Gel
Lesser Known Facts About Aloe Vera
- It grows in tropical climates around the world and is also cultivated for agricultural and medicinal uses in Australia, Mexico, Bangladesh, Cuba, China, India, Jamaica, South Africa along with the USA.
- The plant contains vitamins, minerals, enzymes, hormones, and fatty acids.
- Aloe Vera constitutes properties that act against oxidants that help with the advancement of free radicals inside the body.
- It helps in improving the general metabolic rate of the body using the stored energy of the body.
- Ayurveda suggests that expending aloe Vera juice during a time is comparable to the workout done consistently. Aloe Vera leaves are the best to reduce weight and looking after it.
- Aloe vera is one of the most seasoned panaceas known. Generally we allude to this plant as Aloe vera yet relying upon the species the name varies, for example, Aloe Arborescence Miller, and so forth.
- Aloe vera plant comprises of 3 layers: inward clear gel, center latex and external thick skin.
- Every layer contains diverse mixes which show different remedial properties.
Weight Loss with Magical Properties of Aloe Vera
1. Anti-Obesity Agents – Phytosterols
These are the bio-active compounds with pharmacological properties. The studies show that phytosterols help in fighting obesity and its related diseases. Metabolism of lipids and fats are modulated with this compound.
This compound plays a vital role in facilitating formation and deposition of glucose and fats. Since it helps in controlling fat deposition, your obesity will automatically be in control. Aloe Vera juice helps in curing diabetes too.
2. Body’s Metabolism Stays Regulated
Regular consumption of Aloe Vera Juice helps in boosting metabolism of the body. Bowel movements, ulcers and acid reflux are well controlled by aloe vera.
It shows positive impact on gastrointestinal system of your body. Vitamin B in Aloe Vera helps in curbing appetite. Aloe vera gel has beneficial effects on lipid profile.
3. Aloe is a Natural Laxative
Aloe vera has special properties to help in digestion of food as it’s a natural laxative.
Large Intestine, colon and stomach remains clean and healthy with regular consumption of Aloe Vera juice.
4. Helps in the Proper Functioning of Liver
Aloe Vera has anti-oxidants which not only helps in reducing weight but also has a positive impact on proper functioning of liver and reducing cholesterol.
Other benefit of Aloe Vera includes wound healing, stimulates immune system, has anti-aging , anti-inflammatory, anti-tumor, anti-viral properties, reduces skin-tan and also protects from harmful UV radiations from the sun.
How to Prepare Aloe Juice for Weight Loss?
The juice can be prepared from fresh extracted leaves. Wash the leaves properly before grinding.
The extract should then be filtered and stored in refrigerator. You can add honey to the juice or mix it with other fruit juices/lemonade to avoid the bitter taste of aloe.
Remember to limit your consumption of aloe to 10-20ml each day.
Aloe Vera for Weight loss Recipes
Though direct intake of aloe vera juice is recommended fifteen minutes prior to the meal, but if the bitter taste refrains you from doing so, then follow these simple and quick recipes.
1. Aloe Vera juice and Water
One tablespoon of fresh aloe vera juice mixed in a glass of water should be taken twice a day to follow a weight loss routine.
2. Fresh Aloe Vera Juice
A fresh aloe vera leaf should be grind and used for extraction of aloe juice. One tablespoon of aloe vera gel daily for a week can do wonders in losing your weight.
3. Lemon Flavored Aloe drink
Squeeze one lemon in a glass of water. Add a tablespoon of aloe vera juice to it. You can also add a honey to it.
Warm lemon water is also believed to give wonderful results in a weight loss routine.
4. Honey and Aloe Vera
One tablespoon of honey added to a glass of aloe vera juice helps in stimulating metabolism, burn calories and extra fat and also promotes good digestion.
5. Crystals of Aloe Vera
If you can’t have a fresh aloe vera plant at your home, you can instead opt for aloe vera crystals.
You can consume 2-3 ounces of crystals, depending on your health needs. Taking them before every meal during the day is a good option. You can also add them to water or your favorite juice.
6. Cucumber and Aloe Vera Juice
All you will need to prepare a yummy smoothie is:
- 1 cucumber
- Half cup of aloe vera gel
- Half cup of washed baby spinach
- Two peeled oranges
- Half cup of mango chunks
- 1 teaspoon of coconut water
- 1 teaspoon of lime juice
- ½ teaspoon of spirulina powder
- Ice cubes
Mix all the ingredients together and blend them in a blender. A semi liquid smoothie with a creamy texture should be consumed twice or thrice a day.
7. Kale leaves and Aloe Vera
To prepare a kale smoothie, you will need the following ingredients:
- 3-4 Kale leaves
- Fresh aloe vera juice
- A few pieces of chopped ginger
- Dry-fruits of your choice
- Salt to taste
Blend kale leaves, one tablespoon of aloe vera gel and little water. Add dry fruits, a dash of salt and chopped ginger to the mixture. Drink this smoothie at least twice a day for best results.
Here are some more smoothies, if you don’t like the taste of kale.
8. Blueberry and Aloe Vera
Ingredients that you will need:
- ½ Cup of blueberries
- ½ Cup of aloe vera juice
- 1 Tablespoon of grated coconut
- Basil leaves
- Cup of mango chunks
- 1 Cup of coconut milk
- 1 Teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1 Teaspoon of maple syrup
Blend all the ingredients together to form a creamy mixture. Drink the smoothie twice a day.
Smart Tips for Best Results
- Aloe Vera also comes in capsules, which you can take after meals with water. Don’t take them without consulting your doctor. He’ll recommend you the proper dosage. After all, he’s called Doctor for a reason.
- Do a strength training workout thrice a week to increase metabolism and build muscle, and do 30-45 minutes of cardiovascular exercise 4 times a week to burn those love handles. 😉
- Follow a low-fat, fiber-rich, low calorie and low sugar diet and avoid greasy and fast food.
- Many people are allergic to Aloe, so start by taking small doses. Stop having it if you experience any rashes or itching.
- Stay at an arms’ length from Aloe Vera if you suffer from appendicitis, colitis, intestinal problems or Crohn’s diseases.
- 2-8 ounces of Aloe juice a day for 3 months will give maximum results.
- Avoid anthraquinones by using high quality gel products and sticking to low dosages.
- Never ever exceed the recommended dosage of an Aloe Vera pill or other product.
- Drink ample of water daily to avoid dehydration and cleanse your body.
Side Effects Of Over Consumption of Aloe
Drinking Aloe Vera juice in excess can cause various health related problems-
- Excess consumption of Aloe can cause diarrhea.
- Pregnant, lactating women and menstruating women should avoid drinking aloe vera juice.
- It can cause cramps, diarrhea and dehydration.
- Chest pain and throat infection are probable problems.
- Allergic reactions like skin rashes or difficulty in breathing are one of the side effects of over consumption of aloe.
- People with low blood pressure should avoid aloe vera juice as it can further reduce the pressure levels.
Aloe vera gel will not only help in reducing weight but would also keep your skin healthy and glowing. It would help in burning calories and fats.
With innumerable and inexpensive steps, aloe vera is one of the best and healthiest routine to follow for weight loss.