With the onset of summers, one problem that most of us face is acne. The sweat often clogs skin pores resulting in acne. And being a part of the teenage group, we tend to get restless to get rid of them.
We sometimes get so irritated that we start scratching and squeezing them to get them away from our skin.
But have you ever wondered that this restlessness can leave ugly scars on your face?
Acne problem is more common among teenagers, young adults or middle-aged men and women. An estimated 80 percent of all people between the ages of 11 and 30 have acne outbreaks at some point of their lives. Some people in their forties and fifties also get acne.
Sometimes it is also embarrassing as it is characterized by red color on face. Those scars always remind you of the pain you had gone through from the start till a pimple healed.
Most of the times scars fade away as the time passes by but this will only happen if you continue with the remedies.
Undoubtedly Ayurvedic medicine won’t create any side effect but the medication of acne problem will definitely interfere with your hormonal functioning.
Moreover, many of the organic skin products clear your face within few weeks. However, it may leave some redness on your skin with continuous application.
Thus, it is advisable to use natural products like Aloe Vera that suits best for all types of skin. It gives best results when used for healing acne as well as acne scars.
The article takes you through the facts, causes, and remedies of acne marks.
Acne – Why Do They Appear Often?
The acne problem is initiated when pores of skin get clogged and bacteria present in the surroundings get trapped at the lower portion of the blockage.
Red Spots and Swelling – Start of Acne
Acne starts showing with swelling of the skin and then turns into pink or red color spot thus becoming sensitive.
It doesn’t take much time to convert into whitehead and goes to the depth level of the skin and thus become a cyst. Those people with oily skin have major issues with the acne.
Hormonal Changes are a Major Cause of Acne
Often, acne problem arise in your life when the human body undergoes hormonal changes. From birth to teenage (adolescence) and from teenage to the middle age.
These hormonal changes lead to adjustments in sebum products and thus, skin might produce excess oil. In addition to it, all products made up of sugar and fatty acids affect your hormones.
Moreover, it is important to keep in mind that you should avoid putting heavy load of toxic material in your skin can create greater risk for the production of oil naturally.
Various properties of Aloe Vera that can rejuvenate your skin
- It helps to remove extra oil from your skin which induces a pimple and acne.
- It helps to protect skin from building bacteria because of its antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties.
- A substance named, glycol-protein is present in the Aloe Vera which helps to reduce redness and discomfort that originates at the time of a pimple.
- It helps in stimulating the growth of skin cells. It contains hormones like gibberellins and polysaccharides that reduce swelling and redness from the skin.
- Moreover, aloe is considered as anti-oxidant and contains minerals like vitamin E and C, carbohydrate, and zinc.
- Not only this, it is rich in elements of ferments like carotenoids, catechins, and flavonoids. Also, rich in amino acids.
- It also helps to clean the skin in order to open skin pores and does not allow any deposition of sebum, dirt or any dead cells of the skin.
- It helps to stimulate the growth of new skin cells and purifies your skin and rejuvenates skin texture.
Details of components of aloe vera along with their properties are well represented in the study by Amar Surjushe, Resham Vasani, and D G Saple.
How to Use Aloe Vera Remedies To Get Clean and Clear Skin
1. Aloe Vera Extract
Applying Aloe Vera directly to the skin helps in healing acne as well as scars that are left behind after the problem of acne is solved.
You simply have to extract the gel of Aloe Vera from its leaf and apply on the affected region of skin. Remember to clean your skin with warm water before applying the gel. Leave the gel for the whole night and wash your face in the morning. Repeat this process daily.
You can also store the gel for at least one week and apply to affected area daily with cotton. Wash it off well with water and clean your face with a soft towel.
2. Combination of Lemon Juice in Aloe Vera Gel
This mixture not only cures pimples but also help to enhance the brightness of your skin.
You just need to squeeze 1 or 2 teaspoons of lemon juice in Aloe Vera gel or juice and apply on the affected part of your skin for at least 10 minutes.
Wash your face with warm water and then with cold water again. Afterward, always pat your skin dry and apply few drops of oil free moisturizers and repeat the same process on regular basis.
Moreover, you can also add the white part of egg into it and then repeat the process. But make sure to clean up your skin only when it dries up completely.
3. Honey in Aloe Vera Gel
Mix at least one tablespoon of honey in aloe vera gel and then apply it on the region covered with pimples or scars. Leave it for at least 20-30 minutes and rinse it thoroughly with water. Then, apply some oil free moisturizers to your skin.
You can also add some rose water or a pinch of turmeric in the gel to have extra benefits. Also, you can boil up fresh leaves of aloe vera gel in water and crush them up, and then add tablespoon of honey.
Mix it well and apply on your skin and gently massage your skin with that paste for at least 20-30 minutes and rinse it with water.
Repeat this same process on a regular basis.
4. Blend of Milk and Sugar in Aloe Vera Mask
The combination of milk and sugar helps to moisturize and soothes your skin.
Create a mixture of aloe vera with sugar and milk.
Make sure that the particles of milk dissolve in the mask properly. Apply it for at least 20-30 minutes on the affected area of your skin and let it dry.
Rinse mask with water and dry your face with a soft cloth or towel.
To have great results apply this process on a regular basis.
Aloe Vera for Acne Scars- Tips and Precautions
- Before using aloe vera leaf, make sure to wash it properly
- Rather than applying aloe vera mask on skin, you can also drink aloe vera juice. It can be prepared by adding up 1 or 2 teaspoons of pure aloe vera gel in half cup of water and mix it well. It will help to soothe your skin.
- Along with mask, you can also use aloe vera soap, at least two times on daily basis. It helps to reduce the chances of occurrence of a problem of acne and pimples leaving your skin glowing. This soap will definitely have an addition of glycerin that acts an active ingredient which helps to prevent dry skin.
- To get better results, you must use aloe vera gel which is freshly extracted. Always wear gloves at the time of cutting aloe vera leaf to avoid irritation.
- It is always better to apply a thin layer of any anti-bacterial cream after the application of aloe vera gel. As it will help to provide a protection of skin against bacteria.
- Consume minimal amount of aloe vera juice. Consume maximum 60ml in a whole day or prescribed from your doctor.
- If any irritation occurs while applying aloe vera gel to your skin, then consult a doctor immediately.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women should avoid the outer part of aloe vera gel
- A person who is suffering from any mouth or stomach related problem must consult a doctor before taking aloe vera gel. Before opting for a remedy, it is suggested to consult a doctor first.
It is not advisable to use harsh chemicals to overcome the problem of acne as it might irritate your skin and make it even worse.
You don’t need to apply all those chemicals to your skin as there are many other natural remedies available in the market this will show best results.
Before opting for any of the remedies, you need to know that everyone’s skin is different. The remedy that works for you may not work for other.
The best homemade remedy to cure a pimple is to apply warm water on your face and gently clear your face with fine thread material towel that will help to reopen pores of your skin.
Among all the remedies that are available, Aloe Vera is the best suitable remedy as it can apply to any type of skin texture and thus shows best results.